Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

What new routes or destintations will be announced for 2011? (speculation)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What new routes or destintations will be announced for 2011? (speculation)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hyatt DIA
Is the thinking that B6 would only head east from DFW?

What's the competitive map look like headed to LGB or SFO/OAK?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by MrPresident1776
Plus, the new agreement with AA makes it less likely that they will try to kill B6 in Dallas/Fort Worth.
I disagree. Unless they plan on pushing passengers through JFK on B6 rather than nonstop on their own metal from DFW there is very little reason that the new interline agreement would make AA not compete and vigorously defend their hub at JFK. At least none that I can see.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 2:59 pm

I think JetBlue will expand more domestically than it does internationally. Within the next few years, I would expect to see Providence, Manchester (NH), and Dallas.

Providence: PVD-Fort Laduerdale, PVD-Orlando
Manchester: MHT-Fort Lauderdale, MHT-New York, MHT-Orlando
Dallas: DFW-Boston, DFW-Orlando, DFW-Long Beach, DFW-New York
Old Jul 2, 2010, 4:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'd like to see JetBlue in Tucson. Since CO dropped EWR-TUS there's no TUS-Northeast flight.

BOS-TUS, JFK-TUS and LGB-TUS on my wishlist.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
I'd like to see JetBlue in Tucson. Since CO dropped EWR-TUS there's no TUS-Northeast flight.

BOS-TUS, JFK-TUS and LGB-TUS on my wishlist.
JetBlue had once served Tucson. With them just starting BOS-PHX, I don't see BOS-TUS coming anytime soon. If they ever restarted Tucson service, it would probably be to Long Beach.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by keagkid101
I think JetBlue will expand more domestically than it does internationally. Within the next few years, I would expect to see Providence, Manchester (NH), and Dallas.

Providence: PVD-Fort Laduerdale, PVD-Orlando
Manchester: MHT-Fort Lauderdale, MHT-New York, MHT-Orlando
Dallas: DFW-Boston, DFW-Orlando, DFW-Long Beach, DFW-New York
And DFW-FLL, too. There is no competitive against AA has already direct service. I could see more potential new routes DFW-FLL/MCO/TPA/LGB/ORD/JFK/IAD or BOS, too. If there is enough more O/D passengers traffic through DFW. I'm pretty confident about this one.

I would definitely if B6 will expanding more new routes PVD/MHT-FLL, too. If there is enough more aircraft availability for next year in 2011. I knows it will received 4 E90 & 7 A320 aircraft will expected to be deliveries. It will startup service more nonstop from FLL focus cities. Do you consider B6 will have enough more international routes from FLL in 2011 or 2012 timelines?
Old Jul 3, 2010, 6:25 am

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
7 A320's and 4 E190's coming

I was thinking about this yesterday, those 7 A320's that are coming back to them, have we really seen a dramatic jump in the schedule? I know DCA and BDL are coming on line but I think DCA in particular is going to be a mix of both fleets. I know as of July 1st the schedule at JFK jumped up a bit but there is a ton of utililization still on the table with these 11 birds coming on board.

Did they receive any of these new/old aircraft yet?
Old Jul 3, 2010, 11:53 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by Brigri
I was thinking about this yesterday, those 7 A320's that are coming back to them, have we really seen a dramatic jump in the schedule? I know DCA and BDL are coming on line but I think DCA in particular is going to be a mix of both fleets. I know as of July 1st the schedule at JFK jumped up a bit but there is a ton of utililization still on the table with these 11 birds coming on board.

Did they receive any of these new/old aircraft yet?
I would imagine that they are looking at the JFK routes right now since the main runway is now open again. I'm sure you'll hear when more routes/frequencies are added.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Originally Posted by tickets please
This is kind of a speculation, but also a question: what about JetBlue flying BOS-HPN, perhaps with an E190? Not a single carrier has that route anymore, and I would imagine there's a market for it. A lot of business travelers to BOS live in the NYC suburbs served by HPN.
The problem with HPN-BOS is that once you get out of the immediate traffic jams of the NYC area (say, at the NY-Connecticut border - which is basically where HPN is located), you're only about 2.5-3.0 hours away from the western suburbs of BOS. But, if you fly, you need to get to HPN 45-60 minutes before flight time, and then it's almost an hour to BOS, and then another 45 minutes back to the western suburbs. So, if all goes well, you only save 45 minutes...but if there's WX or MX or anything else, you've wasted time by flying. And, coming back, you need to get to BOS an hour before the flight, but getting into BOS is tougher than getting into HPN, so you probably need to leave Route 128 2+ hours before flight time...
Old Jul 4, 2010, 1:05 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by CO FF
The problem with HPN-BOS is that once you get out of the immediate traffic jams of the NYC area (say, at the NY-Connecticut border - which is basically where HPN is located), you're only about 2.5-3.0 hours away from the western suburbs of BOS. But, if you fly, you need to get to HPN 45-60 minutes before flight time, and then it's almost an hour to BOS, and then another 45 minutes back to the western suburbs. So, if all goes well, you only save 45 minutes...but if there's WX or MX or anything else, you've wasted time by flying. And, coming back, you need to get to BOS an hour before the flight, but getting into BOS is tougher than getting into HPN, so you probably need to leave Route 128 2+ hours before flight time...
There will always people that will considering flying. However, the one thing you are missing is the connecting traffic. I agree, the O&D traffic for HPN-BOS will always be marginal. However, you do have to factor in connecting traffic.

Now, the big hurtle... HPN is pretty much filled to capacity when it comes to available slots. HPN's slot are in high demand now and every one wants them. IF B6 should get another one, will the BOS flights be the most profitable?
Old Jul 4, 2010, 5:20 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
BOS-HPN

Originally Posted by Seat13c
There will always people that will considering flying. However, the one thing you are missing is the connecting traffic. I agree, the O&D traffic for HPN-BOS will always be marginal. However, you do have to factor in connecting traffic.

Now, the big hurtle... HPN is pretty much filled to capacity when it comes to available slots. HPN's slot are in high demand now and every one wants them. IF B6 should get another one, will the BOS flights be the most profitable?
I think B6 would add another Florida route from HPN instead of BOS (although I think they will consider DCA) .
Old Jul 4, 2010, 5:27 pm

New HPN slot

Looks like the new HPN slot is going to another FLL r/t
Old Jul 4, 2010, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Looks like the new HPN slot is going to another FLL r/t
Really? Wow! I believe they are doing extremely very well. How many dailiy flight they have? I believe 2nd or 3rd daliy RT.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
Really? Wow! I believe they are doing extremely very well. How many dailiy flight they have? I believe 2nd or 3rd daliy RT.
4 flights HPN-FLL looks like in November
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

4 flights HPN-FLL looks like in November
Good. I'm glad to hear it. I believe HPN-FLL is doing so successful routes. They will have enough more profitiability routes out of HPN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.