Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

What new routes or destintations will be announced for 2011? (speculation)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What new routes or destintations will be announced for 2011? (speculation)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2010, 3:31 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by N830MH
Hi All,

B6 is coming to St. John, Antigua and Barbuda. This is very popular Caribbean vacation traveler from New York to St. John, Antigua and Barbuda. So it will put on operated A320. So here the linked:

http://www.caribarena.com/antigua/an...120910869.html

Lets wait for real official news releases from B6. B6 will expected to announced within weeks and it will planned to introduces new Caribbean service from JFK or BOS-ANU. Thanks all.

Regards
Originally Posted by sbm12
To be VERY clear, this is NOT an announcement of service. This is a story that says some folks from B6 have had meetings with the local authorities about maybe eventually offering service.

HUGE difference.
It does fit JetBlue's current business plan. I wouldn't be suprised if they're fishing for some kind of deal and the locals leaked the article to help raise support... One can only wait and see if a deal is made.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:16 pm

I hope to see some new routes added from Baltimore, and also open up Providence as a new destination.

Possible new BWI Routes:
-Orlando (3x daily) All E190s
-Ft. Lauderdale (1x daily) Airbus A320
-San Jose or San Francisco?

Possible PVD Routes:
-Orlando (2x daily) All E190s
-Ft. Lauderdale (1x daily) E190

Since WN/FL are merging, there will on be Southwest on BWI-MCO/FLL and on PVD-MCO/FLL.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by keagkid101
I hope to see some new routes added from Baltimore, and also open up Providence as a new destination.

Possible new BWI Routes:
-Orlando (3x daily) All E190s
-Ft. Lauderdale (1x daily) Airbus A320
-San Jose or San Francisco?

Possible PVD Routes:
-Orlando (2x daily) All E190s
-Ft. Lauderdale (1x daily) E190

Since WN/FL are merging, there will on be Southwest on BWI-MCO/FLL and on PVD-MCO/FLL.
I think its will workout very well. I would agree with you this. Lets wait to see in 2011. Lets hope B6 will announced new nonstop BWI-FLL/MCO/TPA/SFO. It going to have more tougher competitions against WN/FL. I can't take the advantage of WN/FL has already higher fares. I wasn't aware of B6 will planned to announced for MHT/PVD-FLL/MCO. It will easier way to connecting the dots in MCO/FLL, too.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:28 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
I wouldn't expect more than maybe one or two mainland stations to be announced in addition to perhaps 2 or 3 carribean stations.

BTW... I am still rather suprised that B6 has been around for 10 plus years and still nothing in Canada. But liked I've always said, if the bottom line doesn't show viability, it won't happen.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Seat13c
I wouldn't expect more than maybe one or two mainland stations to be announced in addition to perhaps 2 or 3 carribean stations.

BTW... I am still rather suprised that B6 has been around for 10 plus years and still nothing in Canada. But liked I've always said, if the bottom line doesn't show viability, it won't happen.
B6 has the rights to fly into Canada. They filed their application about a year or two ago but primarily for the sake of charters. This does make it easier for them to get into Canada in the future since they're already approved and it wouldn't be dependent on government permission. However, the cost of doing business in Canada is exceptionally high and would inhibit B6 from offering their low fares there. That's why it was such a shocker that VX entered YYZ with their "introductory" fares of $299 each way. That's not a steal by any means. For the time being until Ottawa realizes that the cost of doing business in major airports like YYZ and YVR are astronomical, B6 has no problem siphoning off passengers from them at BUF and other airports.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 6:31 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
BTV and BUF pull in ALOT of customers from Canada. So much infact that the Globe and Mail of Toronto actually went to BUF to run a story about the amount of Canadians that fly from BUF because the tickets are so much cheaper than YYZ

Canadians Opting for US Airports
Old Dec 12, 2010, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
BTV and BUF pull in ALOT of customers from Canada. So much infact that the Globe and Mail of Toronto actually went to BUF to run a story about the amount of Canadians that fly from BUF because the tickets are so much cheaper than YYZ

Canadians Opting for US Airports
BUF/IAG is much cheapest and is more convenient for Canadians customers who came into USA. I would agree if B6 ever starts service to YYZ or YUL. Because YYZ is very extremely expensive the landing fees. This is not real specific time at all. I knew NK is started service for IAG-FLL nonstop sometimes in February 2011. Lets hope those routes will done extremely performance very well.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Add to that the relative strong Canadian Dollar and you understand why Canadians flock to US airports.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Add to that the relative strong Canadian Dollar and you understand why Canadians flock to US airports.
Yes, I do understandable why. It was too expensive flying to YYZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.