Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$95 annual fee [AmEx CC]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:47 am
Original Poster

$95 annual fee [AmEx CC]

Just received my Amex statement with a $95 annual fee for the Jet Blue credit card, which previously had been $40. I've had the card two years. I was shocked about such a substantial increase and I can't afford that so I will be cancelling the card. Anyone know more about this?
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Amex is still advertising it as a $40 annual fee (http://www201.americanexpress.com/ge...-about/Jetblue.

The green card has an annual fee of $95 - perhaps they made an error on your account? I'd call/email and have them double check.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
I have cancelled my card the other day as I have little use for an AMEX card now (hardly accepted in Australia or Europe), on an airline I have no future plans of flying... and my AMEX web site shows -$6.67 balance (on the cancelled card) as an annual membership fee adjustment.

Wonder what that is all about... and glad I didn't shell out $95 before having to cancel.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:35 am
Company Representative - Amex

Dear Sharonsimon,

If you send me an email via our Secure Message Center, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Please log in at:

www.americanexpress.com/messagecenter

If you aren’t registered to access your account online, click on the “continue” box located on the right to create a User ID and password.

After logging in, click on the box “Compose a Message” and select “Social Media Inquiry” for “Choose a Topic.” If you address your email to me – Kim/FlyerTalk – I will receive your email and respond directly to you.

Kim
Amex Customer Care

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.