Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jetblue in Hartford [confirmed!]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:41 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by nerd
That would have been cool if JetBlue had been $20 cheaper! But why would JetBlue leave money on the table like that? (They usually do not.)

In my case, it was like $40 (per person) cheaper to fly Delta to FLL, taking into account the fee for the bag we checked!
Same reason JetBlue and any airline has lower fares every now and then. You do know that air fares range greatly, correct? Your case is not the same as the tens of millions others out there.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Same reason JetBlue and any airline has lower fares every now and then. You do know that air fares range greatly, correct?
Was totally not aware of that!

Good to know!
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:23 am
Original Poster

That would have been cool if JetBlue had been $20 cheaper! But why would JetBlue leave money on the table like that? (They usually do not.)

In my case, it was like $40 (per person) cheaper to fly Delta to FLL, taking into account the fee for the bag we checked!
Actually, Barger or another B6 exec mentioned this in an interview sometime ago. On the LGA-FLL route, they're actually getting a premium over Delta and Spirit. Note that this was before the Great Recession though. However, I would not be surprised by this as Delta and Spirit's product sucks, bag fees, cramped seats and no IFE.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MrPresident1776
However, I would not be surprised by this as Delta and Spirit's product sucks, bag fees, cramped seats and no IFE.
I don't know about you, but I've got better things to spend 50 bucks on than free Sun Chips and the opportunity to spend an additional 2 hours of my life watching TV.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 8:54 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
I don't know about you, but I've got better things to spend 50 bucks on than free Sun Chips and the opportunity to spend an additional 2 hours of my life watching TV.
On the flip side, 50 bucks might be worth it for the legroom - then you won't have to worry about DVT, which can in fact shorten you life and cause you to miss out on those better things to do.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 8:57 pm

BDL-FLL/MCO starts 11/17

No PR or anything yet, but it's on the homepage. JetBlue to be in CT soon!
Old Apr 16, 2010, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On the flip side, 50 bucks might be worth it for the legroom - then you won't have to worry about DVT, which can in fact shorten you life and cause you to miss out on those better things to do.
Oh, DVT is now related to legroom, not immobility? (Answer: It isn't.)

With that in mind, a cramped seat that forces me to frequently get up to walk/stretch would actually be better than one where I sit comfy and motionless for hours on end, no?
Old Apr 17, 2010, 12:16 am

Oh, DVT is now related to legroom, not immobility? (Answer: It isn't.)

With that in mind, a cramped seat that forces me to frequently get up to walk/stretch would actually be better than one where I sit comfy and motionless for hours on end, no?
There are a variety of in-seat exercises for your body (legs, feet, arms, etc.) to decrease the chance of DVT. On a long flight, especially not in an aisle seat, it is bothersome to your fellow pax to keep getting up to stretch. I like to relax for most of the flight, as do most people. And doing so in a seat with more legroom provides ample space to perform the aforementioned in-seat exercises. Win-win.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are a variety of in-seat exercises for your body (legs, feet, arms, etc.) to decrease the chance of DVT.
Or, instead of paying $50 and trying some in-seat yoga, I could just get up for a bit.

On a long flight, especially not in an aisle seat, it is bothersome to your fellow pax to keep getting up to stretch.
I'm 5" wider than a JetBlue seat from shoulder to shoulder. Which option do you think is going to be more bothersome to my fellow pax?
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

No PR or anything yet, but it's on the homepage. JetBlue to be in CT soon!
Where were you seeing it? I don't see it now on the Where We Jet page.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Where were you seeing it? I don't see it now on the Where We Jet page.
I saw the notice prominently displayed on the JetBlue home page this morning. It's gone now. My guess is that it was posted early by mistake.

I assume this little goof means that we will be seeing the official announcement in the near future.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 2:14 pm

Further insights below. I wasn't the only one who saw this:

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/4780571/
Old Apr 17, 2010, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Further insights below. I wasn't the only one who saw this:

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/4780571/
Yeah, I wasn't notify for this one. It should wait for real official news releases from B6 next week. I think its nice to see B6 is adding more new cities to be announced. Soon, B6 will be next announced to opened DCA to be approval to acquiring more extra slots into DCA, if necessary. I'm pretty sure about this one. You will find out soon enough.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

B6 did this a while back right before they announced MCO-Cancun and MCO-Santo Domingo. It may be the IT guys trying stuff out before going live on the announcement day.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by MrPresident1776
B6 did this a while back right before they announced MCO-Cancun and MCO-Santo Domingo. It may be the IT guys trying stuff out before going live on the announcement day.
Yes, B6 has already flies out of MCO-CUN/SDQ. I believe the yield is doing so good and it should have enough profitability routes out of MCO. So maybe B6 will be next announced more specific new routes from FLL-KIN/MBJ/AUA/BZE/CZM/STT/SXM and others Caribbean routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.