Booking old TrueBlue awards

Old Mar 24, 2010, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Booking old TrueBlue awards

After the infamous system upgrade, we lost the ability to book old Trueblue awards online. We now have to call the 800 number and suffer through crazy wait times and call disconnects. Is there any plan on bringing back the online redemption option ? I've asked B6 and their claim is they are "we are working on it" ...
Old Mar 24, 2010, 6:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Have you tried calling this number:
Originally Posted by Long Distance
Have you been calling 877-889-3225 to redeem the old rewards and still waiting that long?
They aren't bringing it back online so don't get your hopes up for that.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Have you tried calling this number:

They aren't bringing it back online so don't get your hopes up for that.
I'll try that number, thanks. It's been frustrating, the JetBlue experience seems to be deteriorating...
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by whitedoor
the JetBlue experience seems to be deteriorating...
Most definitely on the phone. Marginally online. At the airports and in the air I haven't had that experience yet.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 9:51 am

I had an Old TrueBlue Flight reward and a $320 credit expiring this week so I called to book a flight this morning. I called the 1800-JETBLUE number and was only on hold for about 10 minutes, which I didn't think was that bad. Aside from getting less than ideal flights from JFK to San Francisco and the employee asking for my credit card three times, I had no problem making the call. Maybe if you try early in the morning or late at night you will get a shorter wait time?

and I agree with Whitedoor at #3 about the JetBlue experience declining. I am not really happy with the new rewards program and I think its more difficult to earn than it was in the old program. (At least for me, since I was earning most of my flights via credit card purchases) I'm thinking about getting rid of my Jet Blue Amex card, I don't think it has the value it used to.

Last edited by sbm12; Mar 24, 2010 at 10:03 am
Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by agsoccer32
and I agree with Whitedoor at #3 about the JetBlue experience declining. I am not really happy with the new rewards program and I think its more difficult to earn than it was in the old program. (At least for me, since I was earning most of my flights via credit card purchases) I'm thinking about getting rid of my Jet Blue Amex card, I don't think it has the value it used to.
I must also concur with the previous posters regarding the steep decline in JetBlue service levels. They've always had problems recovering from IRROPS, but the more recent problems involving the loss of previous website functionality (e.g. booking TB1 awards and changing your own reservations during weather advisories) and the corresponding horribly long hold times for calls to customer service are just unacceptable.

I actually called Amex last week to inquire about converting my JetBlue credit card to a different type of card. I explained that I was not flying JetBlue as often as I used to, so the rewards program was no longer appealing to me. The Amex CSR tried to process a product change for me, but was ultimately unable to complete the transaction. She apologized profusely but stated that I could not change my account to any other card type. If I wanted a different card, I was going to have to submit a new application. Has anyone else been able to convert from a JetBlue Amex recently?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 8:41 am

I didn't try to convert my JetBlue Amex to a different Amex card, I just applied for the Starwood Preferred Guest Amex directly so I could get the reward points. Since American Express already has your account information, I was approved for the new card within 48 hours. I'm interested in knowing whether or not JetBlue Amex will give you points if you went through their retention department and threatened to cancel your card. That would be the only thing that would keep me from cancelling that card. Does anyone have any experience in this instance?
Old May 13, 2010, 9:20 am

What's happening to old True Blue points now that the new program has been rolled out?

I have ~90 old points. It looks like I can convert these into a roundtrip "TruePass" award (old program award). Is that right? I know 100 pts used to be required for a TruePass, so are they just calling it an award since I'm close enough?
Old May 13, 2010, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by BizJet
What's happening to old True Blue points now that the new program has been rolled out?

I have ~90 old points. It looks like I can convert these into a roundtrip "TruePass" award (old program award). Is that right? I know 100 pts used to be required for a TruePass, so are they just calling it an award since I'm close enough?
They have been giving some folks a break on the total costs or making it easier to convert new points to finish off an award in some cases. If they'll let you issue a pass with just the 90 points I'd go for it. Sure, the inventory might be harder to find than not but it is better to have the pass than to have nothing.
Old May 14, 2010, 7:32 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott TE, and Reformed AMEX Cent
I wouldn't try too hard the passes are nearly worthless to me - I tried to book a flight -JFK to/from LAS on any Sunday between now and Jan 4th - nothing available.
Where has my old friend gone? The airline for the people has become some big, cold, corporation. So short sided - penny wise, pound foolish.
Old May 25, 2010, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I will play devil's advocate and say that the new Sabre system is so damn complex it's not even funny. It was supposed to make life easier, and I'm sure it has from a revenue management, inventory management, and other department standpoint, but I know that at the airport, it takes twice as long and several steps more to do something in Sabre than our old system. So the Reservation crewmembers helping you are trying their best, but for things like using credit prior to Sabre and True Blue passes, they have to refer to CrewSupport anyways. Things will get resolved, but you just have to have patience.
Old May 28, 2010, 6:30 am

Programs: United 1K
I concur that the limits to booking award tickets using the old TrueBlue system is horrendous. I've been trying to get a BOS to SFO area flight anytime this summer or early fall and have been almost completely blocked out. The lady on the phone who was helping me out was friendly but also expressed her own frustration at their system. JetBlue used to be a great friend to me, flying out of Boston and I hope these service declines don't continue!
Old Jun 8, 2010, 7:00 pm

Programs: CO, Delta, British Airways, Jetblue
I have noticed a severe decline in service with Jetblue from the early days when they were wonderful. I've brought it to their attention but mostly I feel like I get blank stares via email from them.

Anyway, I'm having trouble getting a flight (1 flight either way) JFK to LAS or back in late August. I'm out of options with the rewards and am wondering if anyone has had experience with them releasing more of the old Trueblue reward slots as flights get closer. I don't like my family enough to spend $750 round trip to go on vacation with them.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by cdm115
Anyway, I'm having trouble getting a flight (1 flight either way) JFK to LAS or back in late August. I'm out of options with the rewards and am wondering if anyone has had experience with them releasing more of the old Trueblue reward slots as flights get closer.
All inventory is dynamic; there is always a chance of more reward seats opening up but you won't really know until it happens.

You can check for reward seats yourself using the info provided here:
The search tool is online now. Read more about it on the blog or just get right to it here.

Enjoy.

Old Jun 16, 2010, 2:36 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
All inventory is dynamic; there is always a chance of more reward seats opening up but you won't really know until it happens.

You can check for reward seats yourself using the info provided here:
That is such an amazing service, sbm12. ^^^

As far as availability being poor, this may be a matter of a tight travel market in general. Southwest's restricted (aka Standard) awards are harder than ever to use them this summer. It's not as hard as getting seats to Europe, but it's far worse than I'm used to. Higher fares and reduced award availability go together, everywhere and always.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.