Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Promotion for BOS-BWI 3x Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH

Just saw this on the B6 homepage:

Triple TrueBlue Points

Triple TrueBlue points on flights between Boston and Baltimore through May 21

TrueBlue members who register, then book a new flight from Boston to Baltimore — or Baltimore to Boston, for travel between March 23 and May 21, 2010, will earn triple TrueBlue points. Plus, there's no limit to the number of times you can earn triple points during this period. Register now!
*Offer expires 5/21/10 at 11:59 p.m. MDT. Offer applies only to registered TrueBlue members in good standing. Receive triple TrueBlue points for TrueBlue members only who register online for the promotion at www.jetblue.com/triple and purchase on jetblue.com, prior to 5/21/10, newly-booked travel between Boston (BOS) and Baltimore (BWI) between the dates 3/23/10 - 5/21/10. Round-trip purchase not required. Triple TrueBlue points (3 base points, 3 bonus online booking points, and 3 points for the promotion) will be awarded after travel is completed. Offer is good for the purchase of any fare class and may be used more than once. Offer is nontransferable. Offer does not apply to non-revenue travel including but not limited to travel booked with travel certificates or TrueBlue redemption flights. Offer may not be used in conjunction with other special offers, JetBlue or TrueBlue points and vouchers or toward the purchase of a JetBlue Gift Card, already booked flights, or changes to already booked flights. Offer may not be redeemed for cash. Changes and cancellations prior to scheduled departure can be made online or over the phone for a $100 fee plus any applicable difference in airfare. Refundable fares that are cancelled and refunded must forfeit triple TrueBlue points.

Last edited by sbm12; Mar 24, 2010 at 8:50 am Reason: fixed ubb
Old Mar 24, 2010, 7:23 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by dinosims
Just saw this on the B6 homepage:

Triple TrueBlue Points
How has B6 been doing with this route? Obviously, there has been no word yet of them pulling out but, on the other hand, there as been no expansion either (which is not suprising b/c of how many seats there are on the route with WN, B6, and FL).

BTW, it is nice to see B6 doing a FF Program promotion for a change. Usually, its strickly a fare sale.

Last edited by sbm12; Mar 24, 2010 at 8:51 am Reason: fixed quoted ubb
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:07 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
I fly the BWI shuttle for the next month or so. The several times I've flown the route we have been above 90 customers. Now that's just the load. I suspect that revenue may not be that great with 3 carriers fighting for the route.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage, JetBlue, Miles&More
I just found out about this promotion ex post facto. Anyone successfully managed to get on this promotion after booking?

Thanks
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:45 am

Looks like JetBlue responding to Air Tran's Double Credit offer on the same route

http://pressroom.airtran.com/phoenix...451&highlight=
Old Mar 25, 2010, 9:40 am

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by dr_gorilla
I just found out about this promotion ex post facto. Anyone successfully managed to get on this promotion after booking?

Thanks
I just tried to get on this promotion after booking by calling yesterday and was rejected (after 60 minutes on hold)...Will try again soon.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 8:32 pm

Programs: WN CP & A list, FL Elite, B6, Hilton Honors VIP, Marriott Gold
Airtran and Southwest are giving double credit on this route. Southwest is also giving double credit from MHT and PVD to BWI.

Even with triple points True Blue is still a joke.

Lets do the math, at $39 one way fare x 9 points, wow I get 360 points and need at leat 5000 for a short free flight. yippeee!

On WN and FL I get 2 points for $39 and need 14 more for free flight to anywhere they fly.

Hmmm, dont need to be a math major. Im going Southwest or Airtran.

Bye Bye Jetblue!
Old Mar 26, 2010, 8:12 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Southwest and rapid rewards

Originally Posted by saltydog
Airtran and Southwest are giving double credit on this route. Southwest is also giving double credit from MHT and PVD to BWI.

Lets do the math, at $39 one way fare x 9 points, wow I get 360 points and need at leat 5000 for a short free flight. yippeee!

On WN and FL I get 2 points for $39 and need 14 more for free flight to anywhere they fly.

Bye Bye Jetblue!
I though WN is going to a $$ based system like B6 . Maybe I am wrong .
Old Mar 26, 2010, 3:32 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by saltydog

Bye Bye Jetblue!
Id go with Southwest before I took Airtran AKA VALUJET
Old Mar 26, 2010, 4:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bmg42000
I though WN is going to a $$ based system like B6 . Maybe I am wrong .
Supposedly so, but it hasn't happened yet.

Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER
Id go with Southwest before I took Airtran AKA VALUJET
Why? Southwest has had an incident with fatalities more recently than AirTran or ValuJet.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Southwest has had an incident with fatalities more recently than AirTran or ValuJet.
The only WN crash with a fatality I can find is the 2005 MDW crash. Even that, it was only 1 fatality and it wasn't even inside the plane. Has there been something more recent I'm missing?
Old Mar 28, 2010, 5:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Seat13c
The only WN crash with a fatality I can find is the 2005 MDW crash. Even that, it was only 1 fatality and it wasn't even inside the plane. Has there been something more recent I'm missing?
Still more recent than the FL crash in the Everglades. The implication that flying FL is unsafe because they had a crash under a different operating structure a really long time ago is silly.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Still more recent than the FL crash in the Everglades. The implication that flying FL is unsafe because they had a crash under a different operating structure a really long time ago is silly.
Very true. It would be crazy to think any carrier would be immune from crash protential.

However, some airlines do have a better track record than others. It just so happens FL has a better one than ValueJet who got consumed by FL, ironically.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Seat13c
Very true. It would be crazy to think any carrier would be immune from crash protential.

However, some airlines do have a better track record than others. It just so happens FL has a better one than ValueJet who got consumed by FL, ironically.
Actually didn't ValueJet buy AirTran but keep the AirTran name because of the bad reputation and memories that came with the ValueJet?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
Actually didn't ValueJet buy AirTran but keep the AirTran name because of the bad reputation and memories that came with the ValueJet?
You are right. I went back and checked. It does look to be that way. The upside is that they have done so much better with their safety track record since changing their name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.