Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Refund for family medical emergency!!!!!!

Refund for family medical emergency!!!!!!

Old Mar 23, 2010, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K
Thumbs up Refund for family medical emergency!!!!!!

Way to Go Jetblue!!!!!!!!!!!

My coworker and husband were scheduled to go to Las Vegas over the weekend. On the way to the airport they received a call that the husbands mom had a stroke. They decided not to go on the trip. They emailed Jet Blue and explained the situation and were offered a complete refund to their CC on a nonrefundable fare. Hopefully it will post. Thats the last thing I ever expected from an airline.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Hospitalization of immediate family is actually in the CoC for most carriers of suspension of change fees or refundability restrictions.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:49 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
COC

But it is still nice that B6 did it without the OP having to refer to the COC .
Thats nice to know for the future though .
Old Mar 28, 2010, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Love the exclamation points. Strong!
Old Apr 6, 2010, 11:35 am

When my father-in-law passed away last august, we were supposed to go on a family trip 2 days later -- instead of flying TO our family, they all came here for the funeral. I called B6, customer service had no idea how to handle this. I was transferred around a few times, but ultimately, we were given a full refund. I was asked to provide the name of the funeral home for verification. Original agent wanted me to rebook (no fee) for a future date, but there was no way I was going to get my family on a trip before the summer was over... it was the right thing to do. It wasn't our choice that dad passed. We are regular customers - and B6 showed a bit of humanity last year. But we're not happy or excited about this customer service - it is really a normal, human way to operate. If they didn't give us the refund, it would have left a sour taste. I don't think any company will force travel on a family that lost a parent. At least I would hope not. Once I was transferred to someone in management, it was handled professionally and compassionately. That's partly why we continue to be customers.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
Way to Go Jetblue!!!!!!!!!!!

My coworker and husband were scheduled to go to Las Vegas over the weekend. On the way to the airport they received a call that the husbands mom had a stroke. They decided not to go on the trip. They emailed Jet Blue and explained the situation and were offered a complete refund to their CC on a nonrefundable fare. Hopefully it will post. Thats the last thing I ever expected from an airline.

How did they email JB? I sent them an email 2 days after the one you reported & received an automated response that they were overwhelmed & would reply within 2 weeks. Two weeks later I received a response saying that they had so many emails that they will not respond at all.

SO I'm wondering if there is some sort of "backdoor" email address that doesn't kick to their automated nonresponse?

Thanks
Old Apr 9, 2010, 3:00 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
From my experience the airlines do not refund but will wave the change fee and you can use the funds on the cancelled flight on another trip. This may vary by airlines.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.