Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:09 pm
FB_
Original Poster

Programs: AP
MCO - JFK - ROC March 21st

We were flying the following yesterday

21 Mar 10 150 Orlando, FL (MCO) 09:00am New York City, NY (JFK) 11:31am 0
21 Mar 10 32 New York City, NY (JFK) 01:19pm Rochester, NY (ROC) 02:47pm 0

We got to the airport around 6:30 and our MCO-JFK flight was delayed till noon. They refused to board us as they could not get us out of JFK as all other JFK-ROC flights were full. We were given 2 X Limo vouchers 3 X Food vouchers and a Hotel voucher at the MCO Hyatt. We then put on flight 658 MCO-ROC direct @ 7:00 am this morning.

Our vouchers said it was a mechanical problem.

Just wondering if we are entitled to the following "Customers whose flight is delayed for 6 or more hours after scheduled departure time due to a Controllable Irregularity are entitled to a Credit good for future travel on JetBlue in the amount paid by the customer for the roundtrip (or the oneway trip, doubled) less taxes and fees."

I would love to know what a "Controllable Irregularity" is.

Thanks

FB
Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:12 pm
FB_
Original Poster

I just checked flight stats and the flight was 384 minutes (6 Hours 24 Minutes) late.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 2:23 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Did you ask any crewmembers what the cause of the delay was?

From the COC:
Controllable Irregularity as used in Section 37, means a delay, cancellation or
diversion that is not caused by a Force Majeure Event. For the sake of clarity, if
in a chain of multiple events, the original irregularity is due to a Force Majeure
Event, the cause of the subsequent event(s) reasonably related to the original
irregularity shall be deemed an Uncontrollable Irregularity.

Force Majeure Event means an event(s) outside of JetBlue’s reasonable control
and includes, but is not limited to, weather conditions; acts of government or
airport authorities (e.g., Air Traffic Control Delays, runway closures, airport
construction); acts of God; U.S. military or airlift emergency or substantially
expanded U.S. military airlift requirements, as determined by the U.S.
government; grounding of a substantial number of aircraft as a result of activation
of the U.S. Civil Reserve Air Fleet; strikes or labor unrest; civil commotions,
embargoes, wars or other hostilities, whether actual, threatened or reported;
government regulation, demand or requirement; damage to aircraft caused by a
third-party; emergency situation requiring care, protection or response to protect
person or property or any event that is not reasonably foreseen, predicted or
anticipated by JetBlue.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 2:53 pm
FB_
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dinosims
Did you ask any crewmembers what the cause of the delay was?

From the COC:
I did ask and they said they didn't know. My voucher said it was mechanical.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 3:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

A mechanical counts as a controllable irregularity. You should get the BoR benefits.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 5:26 pm

It should be sent to you automatically, but it's possible that because you were switched to another flight that flew on time (presumably), that the system might not recognize that. I'd wait a few days, and if not, send an email or give them a call.

Also, is it possible to claim an IDB in this case?
Old Mar 22, 2010, 5:49 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Bor

It was nice of B6 to tell you before the boarded so you did not have to wait the full six hours. Spening time in MCO is much better then being in a hotel in Queens .
Old Mar 22, 2010, 6:55 pm
FB_
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bmg42000
It was nice of B6 to tell you before the boarded so you did not have to wait the full six hours. Spening time in MCO is much better then being in a hotel in Queens .
The lady was very nice and said because we were traveling with 2 young children (1 and 4) that she would not send us to JFK with no way of getting us out of there.

There is a compensation status page on jetblue.com currently our flight has a status of "delayed" and eligible for compensation "Pending"

http://www.jetblue.com/borlookup/IRO...010 9:00:00 AM

FB
Old Mar 22, 2010, 7:12 pm

Also, is it possible to claim an IDB in this case?
No. They weren't IDB'd.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:01 pm
FB_
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
No. They weren't IDB'd.
IDB'd ?????
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by FB_
IDB'd ?????
Involuntary Denied Boarding. Generally happens when a flight is overbooked and there are not enough seats to accommodate all the folks holding confirmed tickets on the plane. It has nothing to do with the situation you experienced.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:29 pm

Right, but I'm saying that they were there, the flight left, and B6 didn't let them on the plane. I realize it's for a different reason, but is being 'IDBed' a reflection on the end result, or on the reasoning?
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:40 am

Right, but I'm saying that they were there, the flight left, and B6 didn't let them on the plane. I realize it's for a different reason, but is being 'IDBed' a reflection on the end result, or on the reasoning?
They were rebooked voluntarily. Had they not agreed to the reroute they could have insisted on camping out in JFK for the day and the agent would not have had a choice but to let them on the plane as they held a valid ticket. But they agreed to the reroute due to the misconnect making it a voluntary action.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:22 am
FB_
Original Poster

So the link now says that the flight is eligible for compensation but after calling Jetblue they say I am not eligible because they gave me a new flight. I want to fight them on this since my departure was delayed 22 hours from my original booking. They are claiming that my new flight was my compensation. I disagree as I had already paid for a flight to ROC so how could giving me a flight that I already paid for be compensation. I then asked the lady where my refund was for my flight I didn't take and she said I would have to talk to legal. The wait time was over an hour so I decided not to wait.

FB
Old Mar 26, 2010, 7:56 pm
FB_
Original Poster

I received an automated message today saying that I have received credit for a future flight in the amount of $356.28. I wonder how I get the other two credits considering my email was the only one given when booking the flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.