Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

$10 B-DAY SALE Online exclusive - [8 Mar 2010] only!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$10 B-DAY SALE Online exclusive - [8 Mar 2010] only!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wiredboy10003
Yipee! I'm going to Fort Lauderdale tomorrow to see a friend and get some color! :-:
I'm sure you're young. Us older folk aren't so keen to fly 6 hours for a couple hours in Florida.

And has NOBODY signed up for the ridiculous night in the Bay Area? C'mon -- it would be fun!

Or maybe not.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nerd
As of 2:33pm, it looks like the site might be back up.
Still down for me.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
Still down for me.
Yep - it worked for about 45 minutes, and that was all...
Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:30 pm

This is ridiculous...cant book it on the website and they wont let me do it over the phone...thats not good customer service at all
Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mbmiles88
This is ridiculous...cant book it on the website and they wont let me do it over the phone...thats not good customer service at all
What ever made you think that JetBlue has any semblance of customer service? They have live TV, good legroom and a free checked bag. That's it.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:54 pm

Yep - it worked for about 45 minutes, and that was all...
Serves me right for walking home mid-afternoon instead of hovering over my computer trying to book.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 2:24 pm

There is an "interim" booking engine online now. I was just able to book (day trip to BTV on Wednesday) and I have my confirmation.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
There is an "interim" booking engine online now.
Is this some kind of testing site they used during the Sabre migration?

https://cat.sabresonicweb.com/meridia?posid=B3TE&page=mainMenuMessage_reservatio n&action=requestAir&ClearRequest=1
Old Mar 8, 2010, 3:27 pm

Site is now running. Booked JFK to TPA
Old Mar 8, 2010, 3:29 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Day trip to Buf

I was able to book my trip to Buffalo. I suspect the marketing/pricing folks did not speak to the technical folks before scheduling this promotion . Its a really good deal for those going to FLA . I hope B6 learns this lesson when they schedule the 15$ for 15 year promotion in 5 years.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought the special fares expired at 2pm ET?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 4:08 pm

I thought the special fares expired at 2pm ET?
Apparently they extended it due to their infrastructure failure. When the system is down for more than half the booking window that only makes sense.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
What ever made you think that JetBlue has any semblance of customer service?
The last couple years I had been really impressed with the customer service from JetBlue. However, this year I have noticed a severe decline. Is it just their reservation system migration or have they made drastic cuts in their customer service department to save money?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 6:32 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Customer service

If you are unhappy with it you should email Jetblue a complaint letter. If they are cutting back then the only way they know its too much is if people complain. I also hope they have more TSA people on duty Tuesday / Wednesday as a result of the 10$ fares.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 7:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Skink
The last couple years I had been really impressed with the customer service from JetBlue. However, this year I have noticed a severe decline. Is it just their reservation system migration or have they made drastic cuts in their customer service department to save money?
Definitely seems to be worse than usual the past few weeks. I haven't heard about any cuts to Customer service positions and I highly doubt any were made. My guess is that Airport Ops positions were reduced for the past few months to accommodate Sabre training. Since the new system rolled out, there have been plenty of technical glitches. JB can't be very happy with Sabre at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.