Wiki Posts
Search

Standby v EML

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2010, 7:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Standby v EML

Some debate in another forum about jetBlue's policies regarding selling EML seats versus traveling standby. Here's the question: If I hold a confirmed ticket on one flight and wish to fly standby on the immediate prior flight (i.e. free standby) but only EML seats are available on that flight will I be required to pay for EML or will the standby be cleared and then seats assigned at the gate?

Anyone who can cite official jetBlue policy on this would be much appreciated.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 9:12 am

You won't have to pay. Your seat assignment is not decided at the time you are listed standby. If all that remain are EML seats when standbys are cleared during boarding 20 minutes prior to departure, you'll be assigned one at no cost.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 9:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Thanks...that's what I thought. Apparently some agents have not been applying that rule correctly though I don't have any of the details beyond the handle of the FTer who is reporting it. Such is life.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 4:57 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Caphis is correct. You should not be charged for EML if you are standby and all that remains are EML seats. If you are standby and their are other seats available, but you want an EML seat you will then have to pay. If agents aren't correctly applying this rule then it should be reported to the 800 number or to a supervisor. Mangement has stated that we won't leave customers behind if we have open seat. Isn't this pretty much the policy at United as well for E+?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 11:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
\If you are standby and their are other seats available, but you want an EML seat you will then have to pay.
Yup, revenue customers are cleared from the rear of the aircraft forward. If you're on standby and you want to sit closer to the front (though not in an EML seat), it can't hurt to ask if there's anything else open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.