Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I hate jet blue!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2010, 8:44 am
Original Poster

I hate jet blue!

I don't know how many times I need to repeat this. I can't stand JET BLUE!

1) Website still doesn't work in various places. And don't try using with Chrome.
2) They lost all of my mileage credit due to some b.s. excuse about some upgrade. Well, after a few weeks you'd think a major American airlines would fix it? Hell NO!
3) Over an hour to speak with a physical live person on the phone on Thursday and Friday. I gave up.
3) This past weekend (Thursday and Friday Feb 25 and Feb 26, 2010) major snowstorms in the Northeast. I made a reservation on Wed Feb 24 and not 5 mins after I made the reservation and paid for it I get an email saying the flight was cancelled. Then they say because it's cancelled that the fare would go into my flight bank account.
4) I called back on Monday March 5 and they said my ticket was non-refundable so all the money I paid for it was forfeited. That made me livid. I asked to speak with someone else and they said it'd be 20 mins. They act like it's our fault. No where on the ticket or the receipt does it say it's non-refundable.
5) Agents at JFK = LAZY LAZY LAZY. I mean, you stand there and work at a computer, and you make the paying guests haul their own luggage to the bag belt, while you stand there playing on your phone and socializing with your coworkers. Great.

UGH I Will try to NEVER fly jetblue again!!!
Old Mar 1, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: Marriott Plat
Sorry you had such a bad experience... it's usually much better than that. The Sabre upgrade definitely caused some IT problems. Have you reported the problem with your TrueBlue points? Make sure you're looking at the points in your old account, not the new points.

Weather causes problems at every airline-- I've spent hours trying to call Delta and only got busy signals. JB isn't great, but I don't think it's worse than anyone else on this point.

If your flight was canceled, you can get a refund (http://www.jetblue.com/about/ourcompany/promise/). Call back and talk to someone else; dispute the credit card charge if you need to. But it sounds like the Crewmember you talked to was wrong

And I agree, the Crew at JFK could use some work. The lines at T5 can be very long at times also.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 7:46 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage
This sounds pretty bad, I fly pretty exclusively out of JFK on jetBlue and I was a little surprised the first time I walked in and saw the check-in counters that you drop your own luggage at. But, at least every time I have been there, they do have crew available to assist passengers if they need help. Also, I use Google Chrome as my default web browser, on the day of the new website launch the homepage had some errors, but by day two for me the site was working.

And like amejr999 said according to jetBlue's bill of rights, you are entitled to a full refund. Hope that things work out for you!
Old Mar 2, 2010, 7:15 am

I'm just about done with JetBlue as well
They have done nothing but inconvenience me with this new system and point scale.
The crew at T5 prior to passing through security is just awful. There is nothing worse then dealing with people who look like they hate their jobs. If you are that miserable, go work somewhere else!
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: WN CP & A list, FL Elite, B6, Hilton Honors VIP, Marriott Gold
Good/Bad/Ugly

The good- Planes, pilots and northeast non stop routes

The planes are new and comfortable with good leg room. The pilots are nice and care. Boston staff is nice and helpful, though young and inexperienced. They also have good non stop routes in the northeast, where most others go though BWI.

The bad- Leisure fares and minor fees

Very high fares during school breaks and to popular vacation spots. They really stick it to families for vacations. Also charge $75 each way for unaccompanied minors, very high.

The UGLY- Trueblue

The new FF program is Junk. The worst in the industry. You have to spend at least a grand to get a mid week short route free flight. No perks for regular weekly fliers. WORST!
Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:10 am

Programs: AA EP, Hyatt DIA
No perks for regular weekly fliers.
Hopefully they're going to be adding a little sugar on top soon.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA nothing
Originally Posted by saltydog
The UGLY- Trueblue

The new FF program is Junk. The worst in the industry. You have to spend at least a grand to get a mid week short route free flight. No perks for regular weekly fliers. WORST!
Good to know, I was thinking of moving my domestic business to Jetblue now I will keep it with CO.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 4:09 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Thanks for the updates all I will stick with AA and Virgin America
this sounds like a lost airline with new planes and inexperienced team members
Cheers
Old Mar 5, 2010, 9:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Thanks for the updates all I will stick with AA and Virgin America
this sounds like a lost airline with new planes and inexperienced team members
Cheers
It also happens to be profitable. Can't say that about AA.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 7:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The VX program is no better than TB2. In several ways - mostly the various bonuses available - TB2 is better than eleVAte.

The AA program might be better if you are always only buying the cheapest fares out there, but not necesarily.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: AA Gold, Flying club silver
I am also done with Jetblue.
The new Trueblue program is a joke and I have 2 old Trueblue award passes which I can't book.

Why I can't book them is the hold time on the phone is over 1 hour.
And even if I get through the award seats probably are not available from JFK to Vegas.

I actually said to myself I will wait anyway just to get these tickets booked.
It was a 55 minute wait at the beginning, after around 15mins of holding the computer voice came on and said the expected wait time was over 60mins.

Great, I wasted 15-20 mins on hold and then the wait time goes up.

I love the Jetblue flights from JFK to Vegas which I fly at least 5 roundtrips per year.
But their new Trueblue program and system is so bad I can no longer fly with them.

I will switch to AA as I have over 100,000 miles with them and it will help me earn miles to a roundtrip on Cathay Pacific in Business or First class to Asia.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 2:43 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Godolphin
I am also done with Jetblue.
The new Trueblue program is a joke and I have 2 old Trueblue award passes which I can't book.

Why I can't book them is the hold time on the phone is over 1 hour.
And even if I get through the award seats probably are not available from JFK to Vegas.

I actually said to myself I will wait anyway just to get these tickets booked.
It was a 55 minute wait at the beginning, after around 15mins of holding the computer voice came on and said the expected wait time was over 60mins.

Great, I wasted 15-20 mins on hold and then the wait time goes up.

I love the Jetblue flights from JFK to Vegas which I fly at least 5 roundtrips per year.
But their new Trueblue program and system is so bad I can no longer fly with them.

I will switch to AA as I have over 100,000 miles with them and it will help me earn miles to a roundtrip on Cathay Pacific in Business or First class to Asia.
sorry to hear that.It wouldn't be acceptable to wait and hour for revenue reservations so the fact that jB allows such business behavior for their own program redemption is ample warning to me to staaaaay away.
JB has said they never wanted to create a program for their customers but felt forced to do so by demand of their customers.I suppose this is more then enough evidence this is how they plan to serve and reward their customers
very sad
Old Mar 8, 2010, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I echo what is written here. I've had it with these hold times for speaking to a reservation agent. I've also had it with incompetent agents. I spent over 60 minutes on the phone with various agents trying to book a flight for myself using a Travelbank credit in another person's name because the website wouldn't allow it (got some weird error message after entering CC details to pay the balance of the fare). First, a couple of disconnected calls. Then one agent booked it, but it never ticketed and the itinerary was canceled, without any notification to me. Good thing I checked online the next day when I never got the email receipt. The last agent was finally able to do it, but not without long wait times on hold for a supervisor.

I will only fly B6 if (1) I can't get a nonstop on CO or AA and either (2a) I need to check a bag, which is infrequent, or (2b) I am traveling with my 6'3" partner who needs the extra legroom that we can't get on, say, DL.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 4:16 pm

Last year I had to call Jetblue a couple times and was able to get a friendly and helpful person on the line within a minute. Today I received an error trying to print my boarding pass that told me to call them and I was on hold for over 30 minutes. By the way the error message told me to call 1-800-JET-BLUE (528-2583) only 528 doesn't spell JET. The contact us page has their correct number listed as 538-2583.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 3:52 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Ag Muti-year WN Companion Pass, A+, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Ntl EmExElite
I had my first experience with JetBlue last week going from LGA-MCO. There was a non-stop Delta flight for the same price but opted for the JetBlue.

I was not and am not impressed with the website, nor was I impressed with the "airport experience" prior to boarding. There was also a 2 hour delay, and the harried gate agent was about as helpful, as a legacy carrier employee.

However the on-board experience was exceptional. Clean, new plane, more legroom, and DirecTV, and XM Radio at every seat. Also very impressed with the "limitless" snacks. They continually came down the aisle with snacks and gave you as many as you wanted. Also none of the no refils or whole can until the entire plane is served.

One pleasant surprise was the day after the flight I got an email apologizing for the delay, and they had included an electronic coupon good for $50 on my next flight.

Interestingly enough my DFW-LGA flight on American two days before was also over two hours late, also with a mechanical issue. Didn't receive an email from them, nor did I receive any sort of coupon, and they also gave no estimation as to when we were going to depart, and I have elite status on American, and the flight was in a higher fare class than the JetBlue flight.

If they flew into my home airport I would fly them again. My feeling is they are trying to be like Southwest. They don't have the strong customer service culture at the airport level, but have it on board. The comfort level on board is a little higher than Southwest, with the newer planes with the free entertainment screens. With an over 2 hour flight, the XM and TVs are a huge plus.

The website needs to be streamlined, online checkin was cumbersome, but the proactive electronic coupon for the delay was quite impressive. I would also rather see them have limited airport customer service as was my experience at LGA, and not scrimp on the onboard service which appears to be their business model.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.