Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank you JetBlue

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2010, 6:45 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Thumbs up Thank you JetBlue

I was trying to get home from SAN yesterday (Feb 26) and was willing to go to any NYC airport. CO canceled my original flight to EWR, canceled the other ones as well, and couldn't accommodate me until Monday. DL's flights were all canceled as well.

B6 still flew (albeit with a delay), and though it cost me a bundle, got me home last night.

When I called CO for a refund, the woman on the phone actually said "How'd you get home?" and when I responded "JetBlue," she was surprised and said she couldn't believe they still flew.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 11:47 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Glad we could get you home safe and sound! The weather wasn't that terrible was it when you arrived was it? As any airline, safety is our #1 priority. We have some of the best crewmembers in the industry and if the last few storms are any indication we won't hesitate to cancel a flight if we feel it can't be operated safely! I hope you enjoyed your flight on us!!
Old Feb 27, 2010, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
not to downplay what JetBlue did for you but EWR was shut down completely so that did have something to do with it. Also into JFK wasn't as affected by the storm as EWR. Jersey and upstate NY got most of it while NYC and LI were left with just a basic snowing. But still it's good they did the job of accommodating you, have great service (the times i have flown on them which have been a few and they are great) and have great FAs and Pilots.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What!?!

Originally Posted by Jumpgate
B6 still flew (albeit with a delay), and though it cost me a bundle, ...
I think JetBlue thanks you, no??

(What is this "Not to downplay what JetBlue did for you" crap? )
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by armattheus
not to downplay what JetBlue did for you but EWR was shut down completely so that did have something to do with it. Also into JFK wasn't as affected by the storm as EWR. Jersey and upstate NY got most of it while NYC and LI were left with just a basic snowing. But still it's good they did the job of accommodating you, have great service (the times i have flown on them which have been a few and they are great) and have great FAs and Pilots.
???? Ewr wasn't shut down, HPN was.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by armattheus
...but EWR was shut down completely
This is not true.

Continental shut down their own operations for several hours and many other carriers canceled flights but the airport was open and functional. I was there watching it all happen live. I was luck to get on one of the few flights that Continental reinstated and I got out about 5.5 hours late, but the airport was definitely open.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 11:36 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
You can thank Jetblue for it, but with the new bill that says airlines have to return to the gate after 4 hours? on the ground and let passengers off, airlines are starting to cancel flights at the first hint of bad weather or delays.

9 times out of 10 airports don't "close" My parents are still amazed by this but airlines will cancel all of their operations in severe weather and get ready to restart on a fresh day when the weather clears. Continential and Jetblue vary on one main point. Spare aircraft. Most likely Jetblue needed that aircraft in JFK in order to operate flights the next day, hence why it flew and wasn't cancelled. CO most likely had a spare aircraft in EWR that could operate the flights that the other aircraft was suppose to so they cancelled it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.