Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Significantly Reduced Scheduled Service for Feb. 10, 2010 due to Winter Storm

Significantly Reduced Scheduled Service for Feb. 10, 2010 due to Winter Storm

Old Feb 10, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by ni2mi2
As mentioned by karmasalad, Thanks JetBlueFA for keeping us updated. This was the most concrete update I could get all day!! ^
My pleasure!

I don't think we will see many more cancellations for tomorrow. There may just be some lingering delays but all crews are going to be fully rested so there shouldn't be many issues in that department. I think most of the delays will be aircraft getting held up departing JFK on the start of their daily runs. The roads here aren't THAT bad. The main roads that is. I have noticed plows out clearing 31L every so often.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 6:54 pm

i had a flight cancelled today and rescheduled for tomorrow 7pm - i now see some avail on a earlier flight (8am), do you think it would be safer to just wait and take the 7pm flight or should the 8am flight be a safe bet?
Old Feb 10, 2010, 7:00 pm

From where to where? The early morning flights may be a better bet as any delays or cancellations may creep up later in the afternoon.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
From where to where? The early morning flights may be a better bet as any delays or cancellations may creep up later in the afternoon.
wow quick reply thanks a lot - from jfk to sfo, or oak (i'll take either one). Looks to be a seat or 2 available right now on the 8am flights (which i would MUCH rather take), but i would hate to give up my 7pm flight and then find out the 8am dont take off, then im out of luck all together and i'll have to wait until sunday or so.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 7:08 pm

I don't see an 8am departure to OAK scheduled for tomorrow. The 8am SFO flight is crewed and showing ontime. The plane is flying a Red Eye in from BUR.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 7:10 pm

The other option is to take the 0845 to LGB and connect to OAK in LGB.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 7:10 pm

I don't see an 8am departure to OAK scheduled for tomorrow. The 8am SFO flight is crewed and showing ontime. The plane is flying a Red Eye in from BUR.
sorry, flight to oak had a connection in long beach - so do you think i should be ok if i manage to get on that 8am sfo flight? I realize theres no way to tell for sure, but do you think i would be better off with that flight then my 7pm flight? Im not worried about delays, i just dont want the flight to be cancelled all together then not be able to rebook until sunday
Old Feb 10, 2010, 7:13 pm

If I was in your shoes I would try to get on the 8am flight. However there is still a 50/50 chance that either flight would be cancelled. However if the am flight is cancelled you still could have the option of taking the later flight or connect through BOS or IAD.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 7:15 pm

If I was in your shoes I would try to get on the 8am flight. However there is still a 50/50 chance that either flight would be cancelled. However if the am flight is cancelled you still could have the option of taking the later flight or connect through BOS or IAD.
thanks a lot - on hold now, hopefully they can get me on that flight
Old Feb 10, 2010, 9:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
Good luck to all of you on your flights. I am operating a JFK turn tomorrow and flights are full due to operational recovery.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 9:16 am

I just flew through JFK, actually came in from the hotel and as expected there are long lines as many flights have been cancelled over the past few days and we have a lot of people trying to get out. I'd recommend getting to the airport at least 2.5 to 3 hours early if you are leaving from JFK. The outstations shouldn't be too much of an issue but BOS and JFK should continue to see longer than normal wait times. Most flights are leaving and many are seeing delays due to deicing and holding for passengers stuck in said long lines. We may see some additional cancellations today and tomorrow as we do have crews that were unable to commute in due to the storm. Most have been booked a confirmed seat so they can get to base to operate. Overall I, personally, think things are going pretty smoothly given the massive amount of cancellations. Passengers may have a different perception though.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 9:29 am

I'd recommend getting to the airport at least 2.5 to 3 hours early if you are leaving from JFK.
Yeesh, sounds like it's crazy out there (not surprisingly). Is 217 still looking good to go for this evening? I expect delays, I just want to be sure I get out of this stinkin' cold sometime tonight.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by karmasalad
Yeesh, sounds like it's crazy out there (not surprisingly). Is 217 still looking good to go for this evening? I expect delays, I just want to be sure I get out of this stinkin' cold sometime tonight.
217 is still showing ontime. The plane is sitting in FLL and scheduled to operate FLT 12 FLL-JFK before turning to operate FLT 217.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 9:36 am

217 is still showing ontime. The plane is sitting in FLL and scheduled to operate FLT 12 FLL-JFK before turning to operate FLT 217.
Thanks, JetBlueFA! You've been very helpful; a real asset to the forum here.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:33 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
scheduled service

It sounds like you have recovered better than the 2007 storm . Good job Jetblue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.