Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Weather waiver for WAS snow (6-7 FEB 10)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2010, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Bonvoy Gold

I've never flown Jet Blue before. Any chance that, if they know they'll be cancelling flights they'll let me move to an earlier flight without charging me the change fee? Another major storm (by real person standards, not DC standards ) expected to hit IAD starting Friday afternoon and I have an 8pm flight out of there. Would love to get on the 4-something to Boston instead!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Mile-Hor
I've never flown Jet Blue before. Any chance that, if they know they'll be cancelling flights they'll let me move to an earlier flight without charging me the change fee? Another major storm (by real person standards, not DC standards ) expected to hit IAD starting Friday afternoon and I have an 8pm flight out of there. Would love to get on the 4-something to Boston instead!
They will frequently issue a "weather waiver" that permits changes when they are reasonably confident that a major weather event will adversely affect operations. They have not yet issued one for Friday but they likely won't until late tonight or (more likely) mid-day tomorrow.

ETA: This is where the waiver will be posted if it happens: http://www.jetblue.com/JetblueAlerts/WeatherUpdate.aspx.

Last edited by sbm12; Feb 3, 2010 at 10:17 am
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:03 am

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
They will frequently issue a "weather waiver" that permits changes when they are reasonably confident that a major weather event will adversely affect operations. They have not yet issued one for Friday but they likely won't until late tonight or (more likely) mid-day tomorrow.

ETA: This is where the waiver will be posted if it happens: http://www.jetblue.com/JetblueAlerts/WeatherUpdate.aspx.
Normally, I would expect them to-- that said, the long hold times for Res might make them reluctant to do so in this case. In any case, you can always fly standby on the flight before yours for free. There seem to be at least a handful of seats left, so you should be able to get on-- but no guarantees.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Weather waiver's up now.

http://www.jetblue.com/JetblueAlerts/WeatherUpdate.aspx

You do have to call, though, so prepare to hold for a long time.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<mod>
I split out the discussion of the weather waiver from the other thread to avoid any confusion and to allow each to continue its course.
</mod>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.