Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

45 minute connection in BOS. Should I?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2009, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,

Looking at two options for September 1, 2010:

IAD-SEA

IAD-BOS: 6:05AM-7:37AM, then BOS-SEA: 8:25AM dpt

OR

IAD-JFK: 6:00am-7:14am, then JFK-SEA: 11:50am dpt

The Boston departure to SEA works much better for me. But, if I miss it it becomes much more inconvenient than just waiting at JFK for the 11:50am departure.

Ok, B9 experts. WHat would you do? (If it helps this is the outgoing flight for my honeymoon trip so I'd like as few headaches as possible.)
Old Dec 19, 2009, 2:31 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Assuming everything is on time, 45 minutes is very easy at BOS - the gates are all next to each other, and so at most, you'd walk like 5 minutes to the next gate.

Now the issue of everything being on time is another thing. It is the first flight of the day out of IAD, and in a not so extreme-weather-wise time of year (ie, you're avoiding the thunderstorms of summer and the snowstorms of winter), so I'd probably take the BOS connection over the JFK, especially since it's a 4+ hour layover there.

Another issue is what are your plans upon arriving in SEA? Are you making a cruise or onward travel that's nonrefundable? Or are you just checking into a hotel, in which case a delay might not impact you as much?
Old Dec 19, 2009, 3:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'd probably take the BOS connection.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Originally Posted by dinosims
Another issue is what are your plans upon arriving in SEA? Are you making a cruise or onward travel that's nonrefundable? Or are you just checking into a hotel, in which case a delay might not impact you as much?
Just checking into a hotel so no huge things missed if running late.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum
If worse comes to worse and you miss your connection to SEA, they can rebook you on the 9 AM BOS-JFK and then the 11:50 JFK-SEA (or even a later flight). I would just do the Boston connection.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 7:51 pm

Sept 1st? Yea I do the Bos thing. Most of the kids are back in school, weather tends to be good, and connection in Bos is very easy. Please remember to keep checking the schedules in case B6 decides to move flight times for an event 9 months from now. Although they should notify you if this happens.

Happy Jetting!
Old Dec 22, 2009, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
BOS without a doubt. 45 minutes is easily doable; worst case scenario is you'll have to go to/from C12, their lone gate in the United area, which would mean reclearing security, but you still should have no problem.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 8:16 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
BOS without a doubt. 45 minutes is easily doable; worst case scenario is you'll have to go to/from C12, their lone gate in the United area, which would mean reclearing security, but you still should have no problem.
We had to re go through security in Boston to get to C12, but it was a fairly simple thing to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.