Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

On an even lighter note, here is some praise!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On an even lighter note, here is some praise!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2009, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: trueblue
Smile On an even lighter note, here is some praise!

On my outbound last week we were due to connect at Vegas for a 2 hour layover to LGB. Well we noticed there was a delay on a prior connection to LGB. Anyway we sat down and had a leisurely lunch and then I approached the agent at the gate to see if we could switch to the earlier flight that had been delayed to LGB.

Lickety split he got us 2 seats on the earlier flight, and was able to call down to the ground crew to intercept my 1 piece of luggage so it would arrive with me at LGB. ^^!! Saved me about 45 minutes of waiting.

On our inbound yesteday on 212 from LGB the ground crew gave us a big wave and thumbs up, and I replied in kind as we departed. The crew was standing on the left(port) side of the plane as we pulled away. I thought that was a nice touch from the ground crew.

The name of this plane happened to be "REAL BLUE" the flagship for the SLC soccer team.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by billymach4
On our inbound yesteday on 212 from LGB the ground crew gave us a big wave and thumbs up, and I replied in kind as we departed. The crew was standing on the left(port) side of the plane as we pulled away. I thought that was a nice touch from the ground crew.
This is quite typical and is generally the ground crew signalling to the pilot that the tug is clear and that he can taxi at his discretion (in conjunction with ground control, obviously). You'll see it most of the time if you watch after push-back. The level of gusto with which it is performed depends on the ground handlers but I've seen some quite exuberant ones over the years.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum
You'll also notice them holding up a small clip with a red "Remove before flight" ribbon attached to it, which shows the flight crew that they have removed the locking pin from the front landing gear.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: trueblue
Yes I am very familiar with the Good old "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" pins. Used to be an Air Force Crew Chief on the C-141's. Also worked flightline inspection at Grumman Bethpage on the NAVY E-2C line.

They should also have the pins for the main landing gear as well.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:03 am

Location: BOS. Postings are my personal observations and opinions only and do not reflect the official position of JetBlue Airways.
Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Hertz PC, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Bonvoy Ambassador
This somewhat depends on the aircraft you were on. The E190 keeps all four pins for the landing gear in storage in the cockpit, and they are not installed during routine operations. We don't use a steering lockout pin like the Airbus, because there is a toggle switch the ground crew uses to disconnect the steering.

Glad the gate agents took good care of you, and that you enjoyed the trip! Our VP of Customer Service has stated he's aware of the slow baggage delivery at JFK, although I'm not too sure what concrete steps he intends to fix it.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:11 am

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
The level of gusto with which it is performed depends on the ground handlers but I've seen some quite exuberant ones over the years.
This one's my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMrQnkbj1PA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.