Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

HUGE expansion in Boston for Summer 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2009, 10:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

jetBlue announced today that they are increaseing their service in Boston by 30% next year. The carrier already has the largest share of seats from the airport and this should cement their place as the number one carrier in town. Here are the routes/frequencies being added:
  • Two additional daily flights to Chicago/O'Hare (for a total of three)
  • Two additional daily flights to Raleigh/Durham (for a total of three)
  • One additional daily flight to Baltimore/Washington (for a total of five)
  • One additional daily flight to Charlotte (for a total of three)
  • One additional daily flight to Denver (for a total of two)
  • One additional daily flight to Fort Lauderdale (for a total of four)
  • One additional daily flight to San Diego (for a total of two)
  • One additional daily flight to San Francisco (for a total of two)
  • One additional daily flight to Washington/Dulles (for a total of seven)
  • Four additional weekly flights to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (for a total of one daily)
  • One weekly flight to Montego Bay, Jamaica (for a total of one weekly) (a)
  • And more to come!
This is pretty significant. They're doing it all without actually adding any planes next year so there may be routes cut to facilitate this.

More details here: http://www.wanderingaramean.com/2009...of-boston.html
and here: http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix....480&highlight=

Last edited by sbm12; Oct 29, 2009 at 11:23 am Reason: added links
Old Oct 29, 2009, 11:15 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Congrats to all the BOS PAX. You deserve it. After so much time of just one departer to so many places, you're gaining extra flexability. Loyalty has its rewards. Here's hoping it lasts.

As for B6... Fantastic move. BOS is your's for the taking.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 11:28 am

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
This makes sense, especially with the recent Red Sox sponsorship. I once heard that pretty much anything out of NY works just as well out of BOS (on a little smaller scale, of course). That contradicts a stat a few years back that 17 of the last 20 markets including BOS were unprofitable. JetBlue is loved up there; and, what's interesting is the PR says "more to come"
Old Oct 29, 2009, 11:46 am
EAL

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Virgin America Elevate
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
This makes sense, especially with the recent Red Sox sponsorship. I once heard that pretty much anything out of NY works just as well out of BOS (on a little smaller scale, of course). That contradicts a stat a few years back that 17 of the last 20 markets including BOS were unprofitable. JetBlue is loved up there; and, what's interesting is the PR says "more to come"
PLEASE add PHL to that list! I've said it before and I'll say it again...PHL NEEDS JETBLUE!
Old Oct 29, 2009, 12:11 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Does this mean B6 will be moving up some deferred plane deliveries or cutting service somewhere else?

I guess JFK service will be reduced somewhat next year during the airport construction work. With a runway shut down for 120 New York days (which in real world time could be the whole year), I suppose they may as well move some more capacity to BOS to ease the congestion at JFK.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Does this mean B6 will be moving up some deferred plane deliveries or cutting service somewhere else?
Likely the latter. During the press conference last week they were pretty clear that they didn't want to deal with financing new planes right now.

They also suggested that they'd be down to about 155 daily departures (I don't remember the exact number, but it is something like that) during the runway construction period.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
They also suggested that they'd be down to about 155 daily departures (I don't remember the exact number, but it is something like that) during the runway construction period.
Too bad they could shift some of that traffic to LGA (providing they get some extra slots) or EWR.

On another note... The Boston expansion wasn't noted as a seasonal expansion or a permament one. I'm guessing that they will be looking to see which route show great numbers and which ones don't to give the B6 Bigwigs guidence on that issue.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
This is great news for fare competition!
Old Oct 29, 2009, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by EAL
PLEASE add PHL to that list! I've said it before and I'll say it again...PHL NEEDS JETBLUE!
I am strongly agree with you. I think B6 will eventually to be next new destinations cities to be announced. I think B6 is considered for PHL, STL, MCI, DFW, ABQ, ATL, and few others cities to be choose.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 9:28 am

Interesting thread going on about this in the AA forum.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 2:31 pm

BOS

I wonder if they'll reinstate BOS-Phoenix since that's a US Airways monopoly and likely a future route for Southwest. Houston Hobby would be a good route to add as well along with Rochester and Syracuse. Maybe another LAX flight will be added for a total of two.
The Denver market would be really interesting if Frontier/Republic added nonstop to Boston, going from 5-6 daily flights to 10-11 when Jetblue adds another and Southwest adds two.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MrPresident1776
I wonder if they'll reinstate BOS-Phoenix since that's a US Airways monopoly and likely a future route for Southwest. Houston Hobby would be a good route to add as well along with Rochester and Syracuse. Maybe another LAX flight will be added for a total of two.
The Denver market would be really interesting if Frontier/Republic added nonstop to Boston, going from 5-6 daily flights to 10-11 when Jetblue adds another and Southwest adds two.
SO unfortunately, B6 doesn't have any more specific new routes to be reinstates BOS-PHX but, it has been discontinuation due to poorly performance. I don't think anything possibilities to be reintroduce service for BOS-PHX. I think WN is considering for BOS-PHX/LAS/LAX anytime soon or even more Florida flights out of BOS-FLL/PBI/MCO/TPA. It should have to take the advantage of WN is taking some of routes from BOS.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N830MH
I think WN is considering for BOS-PHX/LAS/LAX anytime soon or even more Florida flights out of BOS-FLL/PBI/MCO/TPA.
WN is considering BOS-PHX/LAS/LAS routes in the near future?
Old Nov 1, 2009, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nerd
WN is considering BOS-PHX/LAS/LAS routes in the near future?
Yes.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 3:34 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AA EXP
Now if they just would setup some sort of elite program (checkin, security, priority boarding, best seats)...I know myself and many of my colleagues would shift a significant amount of our travel to them.

Last edited by phish1209; Nov 1, 2009 at 3:44 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.