Wiki Posts
Search

Busan to Fukuoka Ferry

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2009, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL,EK
Busan to Fukuoka Ferry

The Lonely Planet Korea book says Bettle Jet Ferry return is 171,000 KRW ($138), but the company's site: http://www.jrbeetle.co.jp/english/

lists a return fare as 26,000 JPY ($272). I am thinking the book messed up with regard to OW vs RT. Is the jet boat fare really $272 RT?

This site seems to be the only one in English as the slow overnight ferry sites are all in Korean or Japanese only.

Has anyone here used this jet boat service?
Old Aug 1, 2009, 11:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold
I took the ferry last year from hakata to pusan. The one way fare was 13,000 JPY ($137), although sometimes there is a special starting at 10,000 JPY. Overall it was a pretty fast and efficient trip, althought the location of the ferry terminals is a bit inconvenient (10-15 minute taxi ride to the respective central train stations, not adjacent to subway). Also, if you are tall, I'd reccomend the green seat as the pitch in the normal seats is quite tight. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
The beetle website do list one way trip as 13,000 JPY, but if you buy a roundtrip in advance, it is 24,000 JPY. In addition, if you make the trip on weekdays, it is 20,000 JPY roundtrip.

The slow overnight ferry (Pukwan ferry, for example) prices range from 95,000 won (2nd class room) one way.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL,EK
It seems to be much cheaper RT from Korea as I now have a reservation for 230,000 Won (17,800 JPY) vs the 26,000 JPY quoted on the site.

I had to call their office in Japan to sort this. They say (in an email) that I can pay on arrival at the terminal in Busan when I pickup the tickets... but the site says one has to pay within 3 days of the reservation so we'll see.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DesertNomad
It seems to be much cheaper RT from Korea as I now have a reservation for 230,000 Won (17,800 JPY) vs the 26,000 JPY quoted on the site.

I had to call their office in Japan to sort this. They say (in an email) that I can pay on arrival at the terminal in Busan when I pickup the tickets... but the site says one has to pay within 3 days of the reservation so we'll see.
It sounds like they set they set the rates back when 1 JPY = 10 KRW... now it's about 13 KRW thanks to JPY strengthening and KRW cheapening over the past year. That said, I don't know how you would get them to invoice you in KRW unless you are leaving from Pusan (same problem with cheap RTW airline tickets in local currency).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.