Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Financial advisor is needed...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2008, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Financial advisor is needed...

Is it worth of sightseeing visiting Ooedo-Onsen-Monogatari? From Narita International Airport and then get off at Tokyo Station, from here there is a free shuttle bus to get to Ooedo-Onsen-Monogatari.
Anyone knows what the latest night time of JR line from Tokyo Station to Narita International Airport?
Should I pay round trip JR Line ticket? or single fee for each trip?
How's Narita Express fee works? based on distance? or lenght of time? or is there any time frame schedule for roundtrip ticket?
Help...
[email protected]
Old Nov 12, 2008, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by siuchin2000
Is it worth of sightseeing visiting Ooedo-Onsen-Monogatari? From Narita International Airport and then get off at Tokyo Station, from here there is a free shuttle bus to get to Ooedo-Onsen-Monogatari.
You could do worse if you don't have time to visit a "real" onsen. It's a bit of an amusement park, with the inside decorated to look like an Edo-era city, everybody walking around in yukata and inflated prices for everything inside, but it's fun enough once...

Last edited by jpatokal; Nov 13, 2008 at 6:52 am
Old Nov 12, 2008, 9:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
The last Narita Express from Tokyo Station leaves at 20:03 (NEX 51).
The last direct JR Train (Sobu Line rapid to Narita / not Narita Airport) leaves Tokyo Station at 21:24. Actually there's also a Limited Express train that also stops at Narita (again not NRT, but Narita Station) that train leaves Tokyo at 22:00.

For the Keisei Line, the last Keisei train from Tokyo (Ueno Station) leaves at 21:39 to Narita Airport. There's a 22:00 Skyliner that ends at Narita Station, and the last Keisei train to Narita Station leaves KeiseiUeno at 23:24 (local service train).

Ticketing for JR is:
Limited Express trains (eg Narita Express) will be base fare (based on distance) + limited express fee.
Local and Rapid trains you just pay base fare.
There is pretty much no roundtrip tickets, just two one way tickets in each direction in the case of the Narita Express. Other lines just regular one way tickets or prepaid card.

For Keisei trains similar format, the Skyliner has a extra fee but that doesn't matter since the latest train isn't a Skyliner but the slowest possible local train back to Narita from Tokyo (Ueno/Nippori Stations).

Are you planing on staying at some NRT hotel or something?
It takes anywhere between 1-1.5 hours (one way) depending on mode of transportation you use Tokyo-Narita.

As for getting to the Odaiba Area, it cost the same (assuming you took the Narita Express vs the rapid or keisei trains) and probably easier to just take a direct limousine bus to one of the Odaiba area hotels and walk to the onsen.

As for is it worth it or not, I don't really know the rest of your plans in Japan, or what the time frame you're working with here.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Limousine bus from Narita Airport to Ooedo-Onsen-Monogatari...

To: railroadtycoon
Thanks for yr reply to my question. Your information is so much appreciated.
Have you ever using a limousine bus service? Is it ok if I take a limousine bus from Narita International Airport to Ooedo Onsen Monogatari? Can you tell me how to do that? Is it possible I am going back to Narita International Airport using the limousine bus? How do I order it? Is there any Limousine bus from Tokyo station to Narita International Airport? Is there any travel agency that might help me? howmuch is it gonna cost me ? Does the limousine bus have the latest schedule or is it 24/7?
Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The bus from NRT to Odaiba shouldn't take much more than an hour. I have taken it THROUGH Odaiba to Shinagawa and it is a fast and efficient and economical service.

Here is the timetable you need:
http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/tim...utoshin_h.html

Here is a map of Odaiba
http://www.tokyoessentials.com/odaiba-map.html

Oedo Onsen Monogatari is near the Telecom Center Building in the South

The Limousine bus stops at Hotel Nikko Tokyo, The Grand Pacific Le Meridien is now Grand Pacific Le Daiba. Both these hotels are less than 1km walk from Oedo Onsen.

Cost of one way journey on Limousine Bus: 2,700yen (return: 5,400yen)

You can buy a Limousine Bus ticket at the airport
http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/gui...a_airport.html

You can buy your ticket for the return trip from the concierge at any of the hotels mentioned in the Limousine Bus web-page on Odaiba.

Please look carefully at the websites I've provided, most of your questions are answered there.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA, NW
You do not have time to do this. Really. Believe me. Don't even try.

You have already written that you will be in Japan only from late afternoon to the next morning.

The last shuttle bus from Oedo Onsen Monogatari to Tokyo Station leaves at 7:00PM, according to the onsen's website.

If you check into your hotel at 3:30, you then have to go back to the airport and take the Narita Express to Tokyo Station. Even if you hurry, it will be impossible for you to reach Tokyo before 5:45PM.

Then you have only 5 minutes to find the bus for Oedo Onsen Monogatari, and Tokyo Station is very big and confusing, especially at that time of day, which is rush hour.

There is another bus 2 hours later, but it doesn't return to Tokyo Station.

Just forget about going into Tokyo. Instead, visit the city of Narita. It's not as famous, but you can visit the beautiful temple, have an authentic Japanese dinner, and buy some souvenirs before you return to your hotel.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN, 7G, SPG (for now)
I find the title of this thread misleading and having three separate threads about the same trip odd. Why can't people just ask it all in one thread?!
Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why check into a hotel at all?

There are lodging options within Oedo Onsen.

As long as the Limousine buses in the Limousine bus timetable I posted a link to can return the OP to NRT in time for the next morning's onward flight (7:10am departure from Hotel Nikko arriving at NRT at approx 08:10am) there's no need to go to Tokyo station.

Last bus leaves NRT to Oedo at 18:50 (arrives at approx 19:50)

In the OP's position (if I was keen to visit the Onsen theme park) I wouldn't bother checking into a hotel at all - I'd just leave my luggage at the airport and stay at Oedo Onsen Monogatari as it is open 24 hours and has rooms to sleep in.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Thank you note...

I wud like to express my deepest gratitude to Laplap, Ksandness, Blackadder and others whose name I do not remember in response to all my questions.
Thanks to you all.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

To: NINJA 138

To Ninja138
All my questionaires in regard to the same topic, it was because I have never been there before. Flyer talker forum is provided in order people can communicate to each other respectively. I think as long as I am not offended someone or harmful to anyone, I am free to do so.
If there is anyone being annoyed by my same topic questions, I have no offense.:-:
Old Nov 12, 2008, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Wink Public transportations...

I am quite surprise how public transportations such as trains, buses are not running 24/7 in big city like Tokyo.
Forgive me if I my opinion is not quite appropriate. The place where I live provides 24/7 public transportations. Literarily, such as mass trains, buses. They will take you from one point to another point. One way fee is USD.2.50 (two dollars & 50 cents) which is equal to 245yen.
Any comment?
Old Nov 12, 2008, 4:13 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately, public transit that does not run 24/7 is the norm. As far as I know, there is only one U.S. city (NYC) where the subway system runs 24/7. I know of no Asian city where subways/trains run 24/7. Maybe someone else can correct me on this.

I am going to take a chance and guess you are in Moscow.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN, 7G, SPG (for now)
Originally Posted by siuchin2000
To Ninja138
All my questionaires in regard to the same topic, it was because I have never been there before. Flyer talker forum is provided in order people can communicate to each other respectively. I think as long as I am not offended someone or harmful to anyone, I am free to do so.
If there is anyone being annoyed by my same topic questions, I have no offense.:-:
I never said it was wrong to ask questions or seek advice here. On the contrary, that's the whole point of a forum. I also never said you offended anyone or done anything harmful.

My original statement does stand though. What does a layover in Narita have anything to do with a financial advisor? And why did you start three threads all asking the same questions? I have to read all three just to get a sense of what you are trying to plan. For example, in this thread you never mention that you will only be in Japan for an afternoon and a morning.

I think ksandness has the best advice, so I will not repeat it verbatim. The town of Narita has plenty to do and see for a one-nighter and you should concentrate your efforts there. If you really, really want to visit Oedo Monogatari Onsen, as LapLap said, you can overnight inside. I've done it at other super spas and it does save on hotel bills. Just remember it's OK to take several towels and use a combination of them to make a mattress.

P.S. Chicago also has two rail lines and a bunch of buses that run 24/7. East Asian public transit systems do not run late night/early morning services for a variety of reasons, among them labor costs, low ridership, crime, and maintenance.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ninja138
Just remember it's OK to take several towels and use a combination of them to make a mattress.
For an extra 3,500yen you can rent a capsule hotel 'room' at Oedo Onsen.

Now I've made my way through the other threads and have a better sense about what the OP wants to do (I agree, having the information spread around 3 threads makes things tricky) this is what I'd do if I wanted to fit everything into the itinerary:

Stash luggage at NRT and travel with bare minimum.

Get train into Tokyo and go see Omotesando and other sights.

Get to Oedo Onsen before midnight and make a night of it there, rent capsule room if tired. Get out at 6am and head over to Hotel Nikko (1km walk) and catch Limousine Bus at 7:00am to NRT. Arrive at 8am, collect luggage and check in.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 10:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
Minus NYC and maybe a few other exceptions, most cities of the world don't run trains 24/7.

Most train companies in Japan are also private companies to make a profit, costs of keeping stations open, and trains running 24/7 is probably one reason too.

In the case of Narita Airport, really makes no sense to run trains into the airport past 10pm, when the last scheduled flight leaves the Airport at around 10pm. So the last Narita Express would logically leave around 8pm (which it does) from Tokyo + 1 hour trip arrive at 9pm giving the passengers roughly 1 hour to do check in/security/exit immigration etc.

Last edited by railroadtycoon; Nov 12, 2008 at 11:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.