Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passport Pages

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2008, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Passport Pages

Does anyone know how many blank passport pages Japan requires for entering the country?
Old May 17, 2008, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've never seen this mentioned anywhere (not on the MOFA sites, nor those published by the UK government nor those by the Japan's UK Embassy)

I can tell you from experience that a full new page is not necessary for standard Japanese visitor stamps - I have two on one page in front of me now. You will require enough room for the initial entry sticker (4x5.5cms or 1.5x2.2inches) and roughly 2.5cm/1 inch square for the exit stamp which will go alongside it.

Any pages in your passport where at least 2/3rds of the page is clear should be fine.
Old May 17, 2008, 9:08 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
If I recall they just have to have room for a stamp, not "pages" worth. South Africa requires two blank pages.
Old May 17, 2008, 2:56 pm

Don't know if there's a minimum pages requirement, but I found the immigration officials at NRT were (surprisingly) accommodating when I was running low on space.

At the time, I had a visa and re-entry permit, and got stamped in and out of the country instead of getting the sticker with barcode.

One time when leaving, I found a small space in my passport between two other stamps, and asked the officer to stamp there (instead of starting a new square). He suggested he just stamp in the margin instead ^ On my next couple trips before I could get pages added immigration kept stamping in the margins.

Never would have expected this from any immigration officers let alone in Japan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.