Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

changing flight at /OKA/okinawa airport

Old Mar 9, 2008, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Hi

I'll have 40 min between my flights at the Okinawa airport coming from Ishigaki.It's probably a small airport but my question : Is this time enough to change flights there without losing my bag?And at all , is 40 min enough for me to change?

Thanks
Old Mar 9, 2008, 3:28 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Welcome to FlyerTalk, tomtom123

I will move this to the Japan forum, where you should find posters able to address the issue you raise. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
Old Mar 9, 2008, 3:32 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Is your onward flight domestic? And both flights are on the same ticket?

If so, I think 40 mins is plenty for a domestic to domestic transfer.

I wouldn't call Naha a small airport - but the domestic terminal is on a "human scale". Basically there are two satellites and the walk between them is maybe 10 mins.

If you're transferring to an international flight, I have no idea.

Your main concern at Ishigaki and Naha may be the weather. Okinawa gets more storms than other parts of Japan.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!
It's a domestic flight from Haneda to Ishigaki then back from Ishigaki to Haneda via Okinawa.

I would have another question , as well.What if they lose my luggage?After I got to Haneda (appr.17 hours) I'll go back to Europe but from Narita Airport which is further from Haneda.A question would be : If they lose my luggage at a domestic flight one day before my next flight (which is from another airport) should I take into account that I'll never get back my bag or is this just a crazy idea?

Thanks
Old Mar 9, 2008, 2:14 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus - Blue / Emirates Skywards - Blue
I wouldn't worry. Japanese NEVER lose luggage on domestics as to do so would be a humiliation and lots of compensation to rectify the injustice such is the customer service attitude. Also don't worry about tight check in. I've arrived 15 minutes before a flight and I've checked in luggage and it's got there fine =D

-mrploddy
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by tomtom123
Thank you!
It's a domestic flight from Haneda to Ishigaki then back from Ishigaki to Haneda via Okinawa.
I've flown virtually the same routing (NGO-ISG-OKA-HND) on ANA, and assuming your flights are on the same carrier, which is highly likely, you won't have the slightest problem. The gates are clustered right next to each other, and 40 minutes is enough time to get bored: in my case, they started boarding the 747 to HND 15 minutes before scheduled departure time, and completed loading 400+ people in 10 minutes. They're this good with self-loading cargo, and they're better with luggage -- at most airports, there's a guy employed at the luggage belt to turn all the bags so that the handles face outward!
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by jpatokal
I've flown virtually the same routing (NGO-ISG-OKA-HND) on ANA, and assuming your flights are on the same carrier, which is highly likely, you won't have the slightest problem. The gates are clustered right next to each other, and 40 minutes is enough time to get bored: in my case, they started boarding the 747 to HND 15 minutes before scheduled departure time, and completed loading 400+ people in 10 minutes. They're this good with self-loading cargo, and they're better with luggage -- at most airports, there's a guy employed at the luggage belt to turn all the bags so that the handles face outward!
One of the benefits of over employment ^

When you see something like this, you start to understand how they can turn around a wide body so quickly:
http://www.roverte.com/albums/album6...0760.sized.jpg
Old Mar 10, 2008, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys! Your answers were very useful and made me relaxed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.