Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Chinese Visa Service

Chinese Visa Service

Old Feb 21, 07, 4:10 am
Original Poster

I was getting really excited, thinking that getting my visa for China would be a perfect excuse to go back to Hong Kong , but Nimnak seems to be a pretty good deal.

Y8,500 including the cost of the single entry tourist visa. I need my passport for the next few weeks, but will probably have them get a visa for me sometime in April, and will report back on how it went.

Thanks again for the suggestion!

Alex
Old Feb 27, 07, 6:00 am

Is anyone familiar with a 24 month multiple entry visa? We will be going to China for first time in October but plan on going a few more times while we are in Tokyo. If it is cost effective, this visa sounds like a better deal than having to go to Chinese Embassy again and again. I saw reference to the 24 month visa on Zierer Visa Service site but have not heard it mentioned anywhere else.

thanks,
Marc
Old Feb 27, 07, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Not sure but it sounds like you're asking about the business visa. The only type of visa i've seen for the tourist is a 1 or 2 visit, but I've only needed the 1 visit option each time I've gotten one.

Have you check the chinese visa website?
Old Feb 27, 07, 10:16 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
why dont you get the

card so you dont have to apply for the Visa for all the asean countries?

APEC CARD.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/TRAVEL/0...ard/index.html

and you can apply at the japanese government side for this.

dp
Old Feb 27, 07, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by derpelikan View Post

APEC CARD.

dp
I believe you have to be a citizen of a member nation that also participates in the program (so that rules out countries like the US and Mexico). The only exception is HK, where you can join if you're a permanent HK resident.
Old Mar 22, 07, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm updating this thread because 2 friends from Japan came to visit me this week and did not have to get visas. They bought their tickets thru a TA, but weren't bound to any tours or length of stay requirements (to their knowledge, at least).
Old Mar 22, 07, 8:23 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by derpelikan View Post

APEC CARD.

dp
Sorry for being dumb but a Japanese national can

1) get the APEC card?

2) visit China without a visa after the card is issued?

Is the duration of each visit similar to a business (F) visa?
Old Mar 24, 07, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Dia, Radisson Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
I'm updating this thread because 2 friends from Japan came to visit me this week and did not have to get visas. They bought their tickets thru a TA, but weren't bound to any tours or length of stay requirements (to their knowledge, at least).
Yeah, it's REALLY easy for Japanese nationals these days. Unfortunately, they're the only ones who have it so easy... if you're traveling on any other passport you still have to wait in line at the embassy and shell out your hundred bucks.
Old Apr 2, 07, 6:25 pm
JKD

multiple entry visa

I checked with my office; it seems my efficient admin had gotten the letter from our China office, which WAS needed to get the multiple entry business visa. Not sure if you can get a multiple entry tourist visa ... but if you can, the China embassy probably will not issue one that expires after the expiration of your Japanese visa (if any) ......
Old Apr 9, 07, 8:49 pm
htb

Programs: LH M&M (was: SEN), UA*G(1K), PC Spire Amb, Marriott Gold (by virtue of UA*G), Accor Gold
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
Japanese don't need a visa to visit China.

HTB.
Old Apr 12, 07, 5:38 am
Original Poster

I just got my passport back from Nimnak, and it couldn't have been easier. Normally, they'll come out to your home or office to pick up and deliver your passport, but since my office is barely in Tokyo-to, they asked me to mail my it in, and they sent it back by takyubin. Including shipping, the whole process took less than a week.

I got a single entry tourist visa for Y8,500, but they can also get a double entry visa (Y15,000), or a six month multiple entry visa (Y19,000).

Thanks jib71 for the tip!

Alex
Old Jul 18, 07, 2:11 am

We went to Chinese Embassy today to get our visas for a trip in October. It really is quite easy to do it in person. They are actually pretty organized. If you haven't heard, the price is going up $50 on 1 August which was reason we went today. It will be $100 for single or double (increase of $25) entry visa. They just quoted us rate of 6,000-en (no option for USD) so I assume it will go up to 12,000-en.

Marc
Old Jul 18, 07, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marq View Post
It will be $100 for single or double (increase of $25) entry visa.
My understanding of the changes is a little different (to extent that I regard them as being positive):

-all applicants pay $100, regardless of the type of visa being issued, including 1, 2, and 3 year visas that currently cost $150
-the shortest term visas will be 6 months and multi-entry
-there is also a group visa option for $80 per person, but I can only assume these will continue to be more retrictive than regular tourist and business visas

Search this Thread
Search Engine: