Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Japanese Dating Venues Between Restaurants and Love Hotels?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Japanese Dating Venues Between Restaurants and Love Hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2006, 7:30 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
well

are you living with your parents?

if not just take her home. i would think that watching a DVD , having a fruits fondue and candles or something will do the trick.

what i found very good is, there are couple restaurants and bars.
you get a privacy seat, and nobody can see you from outside.

anyway,after reading your post i got the impression that you are dating a lot girls ] yeye, so you need to get it done cheap as in the search for the right lady, you dont want to spent all your hard earned money . am i right ?

anyway, karaoke is a good and cheap option, and if you sing alone with a girl there comes a magical moment , its much easier to get a woman do what she actually was not planning to do so fast (for example kissing you) if you let her sing and drink a bit. (dont forget to check the aircondition as it is normally super cold in karaoke rooms. make it a bit warmer )
woman tend to get emotional if they thing, well man too , thing her the song ,
because i love you...

another cheap but not so nice option is the manga kissa, there are pair couches for couples and you can watch a DVD or play games or read mangas etc. depends on how old the ladies are you are dating that might be funny sometimes.

if you just want to talk, just go to starbucks and sit there for hours

anyway, it is not that i am dating a lot woman in tokyo too, but i get your point. i normally stay in hotels in tokyo, but its gets really expensive if you are dating 3-4 girls in tokyo.

dp
Old Dec 19, 2006, 7:49 am

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LapLap
I have a theory that one of the reasons that there are so many big wheels around Tokyo is that they offer couples an innocent and non threatening way to spend 20 to 30 minutes together - and there's the lead up in the queue, which is a weirdly private place to talk together. I guess it's the same for Disneyland, and I doubt the US versions of the park are used quite so heavily for dating as they are in Japan and will be, I suspect, in China.
I always found the big wheel thing quite amusing--as an American I have no concept of a ferris wheel being a romantic date location but that is exactly what they are used for in Japan (or in Tokyo, at least). Generally couples can have one car to themselves so there's a little time for cuddling or whatever. However, a friend was waiting for the one at Rinkai Koen when an announcement was made to the effect of "because of the very long waits, we're going to have to ask you to share cars", at which point a guy behind her shouted out "Imi nai jan!?" ( which I'll translate as "that totally defeats the purpose") and the whole line burst out laughing.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 7:41 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Batting center

One of my funniest dates (back in the day) was when a girl taught me how to hold a baseball bat - I think it's supposed to be the other way round.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 1:21 pm
In memoriam

After reading this amusing thread, I am starting to get an insight into why the Japanese birthrate is down.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 12:39 pm

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
From a friend of mine who met his wife in Japan:

Generally, yes, if you mention love hotel to someone you are dating, they will probably think you are talking about having sex…. That’s bottom line …. Unless you are close enough to the person to discuss it…. And if that’s the case you’re probably having sex anyway.

However, people will stay there while traveling cause its late and other hotels are booked/expensive (I’ve done this). I’ve know groups of people who have gotten a love hotel room basically to have a bit of a party (non-sexual) as many of the rooms have karaoke, stereos and of course TV…

There are other venues for more intimacy…. Get a car and get the hell out of Tokyo for one. Or even a good train ride to somewhere else. The Karaoke room is a great option also, as long as you don’t mind singing a bit – these are very private. Go to Odaiba and walk on the crappy beach there. There are gardens etc…. and the movies. It’s not that different than living in a very urban American city like NYC or somewhere, where roommates, family or others are always around.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 12:01 pm

I noticed in a recent trip to Kyoto I was taken aback by how many couples were at the top of the Kyoto train station. Older couples where sitting on the stairs looking out over the station. Younger couples seemed to be hiding in dark places around the garden on the roof. While the station is quite impressive, from a US perspective, it's not the kind of place you'd normally consider for a date. Much less a make out spot.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (3.52MM BIS miles) AA EXP (3.64MM)
spring time is almost here....and with it hanami season (cherry blossom viewing)...many times the best viewing is in parks and castle grounds, etc. where you can sometimes find a semi-secluded niche...plus I've always loved the blossoms...get a tatami mat, some wine/sake/beer, and food and you're all set - very romantic
other people in the vicinity typically get really drunk and won't notice - so much so that I coined the phrase "ha-nomi" from my own experiences during blossom time
Old Feb 24, 2007, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I've just done some thread cleanup, deleting personal attacks and off-topic posts. If you have a problem with a post, hit the red triangle 'report post' button so a moderator can intercede. Please do not engage the person on-thread, that just creates conflict and drags discussions away from travel.

Thanks.

Gary
aka gleff
Senior moderator
Old Feb 24, 2007, 9:36 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Darn, gleff, I opened this thread expecting that you were going to fill us in on your personal choices!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.