Wiki Posts
Search

Advice for hotels convienient to Big Sight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2005, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAEXP/Marriott Life Platinum
Advice for hotels convienient to Big Sight

I have my favorite hotel(s) in Tokyo proper, but I am exhibiting in a exhibition at Big Sight.

Since the days will be lonooog, I want to be somewhat handy to/from, so something on the Yurikamome line are prefered. Price is not a problem. Executive level rooms if available will be used.

My thoughts are the following:
Inter-Contental Tokyo Bay
Hotel Nikko Tokyo
Meridien Grand Pacific

Any comments welcomed.

Thanks
Old Feb 21, 2005, 8:23 pm

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
Inter Continental is bits inconvenient. You need to take a taxi to Shiodome station. Nikko Tokyo and Grand Pacific Meridien are nearby Daiba station.

The closest hotel to Big Site is Tokyo Bay Ariake Washigton hotel. You can walk to Big Site. But this hotel is what is called ' a business hotel '. The room is tiny.
http://www.wh-rsv.com/english/tokyo_...ake/index.html

I will introduce you another two hotels which are nearby Shiodome station.

Royal Park Shiodome Tower
http://www.rps-tower.co.jp/index.html
This hotel will offer you two special things which are cyber concierge and mandara spa.

Conrad Tokyo
http://www.conradtokyo.co.jp/
This hotel will open on 1st of July.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 8:48 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Rinkai line makes the west side of Tokyo closer to Big Sight than it used to be. This is the train that starts at Shin-Kiba and runs down the middle of O'Daiba -- it continues on the express tracks on the west side of Tokyo now. The train runs about once every 15 minutes and goes from Shinjuku to Big Sight in about 25 minutes.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
The Rinkai line makes the west side of Tokyo closer to Big Sight than it used to be. This is the train that starts at Shin-Kiba and runs down the middle of O'Daiba -- it continues on the express tracks on the west side of Tokyo now. The train runs about once every 15 minutes and goes from Shinjuku to Big Sight in about 25 minutes.
Just for reference, the line in question is the JR Saikyo line. While this might be an option if you want to sneak a few nights at the Park Hyatt onto your expense report , it's still a bit of hike from the Shinjuku hotels to the right platform in the notoriously complex Shinjuku station and then onward to Odaiba, so I would still be tempted to recommend Nikko or Meridian instead.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 4:32 am

Programs: AC*G Elite, SPG-G, Mariot-G
Hotel Nikko is my suggestion. Great hotel, very close location. You'll enjoy the walk along the water side in Odaiba.

Hotel Nikkko is your answer.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 5:32 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jpatokal
Just for reference, the line in question is the JR Saikyo line. While this might be an option if you want to sneak a few nights at the Park Hyatt onto your expense report , it's still a bit of hike from the Shinjuku hotels to the right platform in the notoriously complex Shinjuku station and then onward to Odaiba, so I would still be tempted to recommend Nikko or Meridian instead.
Curious, I find Shinjuku station to be relatively straightforward to figure out, although not all Saikyo line trains become Rinkai line trains, so that is possibly confusing. I get snowed at Ueno or Ikebukuro stations. However, this train line also stops at Shibuya and Ebisu, so the Westin Ebisu would be a closer alternative (yes, it is also a walk from the station). I'd be bored staying at O-Daiba for multiple days and being forced onto that agonizingly slow, overpriced monorail over and over again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.