Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Haneda and APEC card

Haneda and APEC card

Old Apr 26, 2023, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Haneda and APEC card

Does Haneda have an APEC lane for immigration? Have the US card, so it only useful as a priority lane card. Been hearing that immigration at HND can be backed up during peak arrivals time.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 3:11 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL PM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by uanj
Does Haneda have an APEC lane for immigration? Have the US card, so it only useful as a priority lane card. Been hearing that immigration at HND can be backed up during peak arrivals time.
Yes. The sign for it is dead center when coming into immigration on arrivals. On departure, it's on the far right if you go through the south security gate and on the far left if you go through north security gate.
uanj likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 5khours
Yes. The sign for it is dead center when coming into immigration on arrivals. On departure, it's on the far right if you go through the south security gate and on the far left if you go through north security gate.
Perfect, thanks!
Old Jun 2, 2023, 12:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Does anyone have any information if Japan allows family members to join the ABTC/APEC card holder? I know some countries (eg Taiwan) allow it but others dont.

thanks!
Old Jun 2, 2023, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by Melodsal
Does anyone have any information if Japan allows family members to join the ABTC/APEC card holder? I know some countries (eg Taiwan) allow it but others dont.

thanks!
I don't know if there is a set rule, but on a recent trip to HND they did.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 8:29 am

thanks!

They do, but on my last trip through, I stopped at Immigation, pointed out they were in violation of their APEC treaty obligations, and asked them to stop allowing it. Hopefully it will in fact stop.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 4:16 pm

They do, but on my last trip through, I stopped at Immigation, pointed out they were in violation of their APEC treaty obligations, and asked them to stop allowing it. Hopefully it will in fact stop.
I dont actually think this is a violation. If you look at the ABTC page it says that it is up to individual countries on how they want to allow expedited entry.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks again, came in handy in May and I saved a bunch of time. This month I went through Narita where there were little only about 20 people being processed by immigration!
Old Jun 3, 2023, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
I, on the other hand, hope they take your proposal and feed it to a goat. Which they probably did already.
MattEvan likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 9:10 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Many business travelers go places with a family member. In those cases it's pointless if you yourself get through but you still need to wait for someone on the other side.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by jamar
Many business travelers go places with a family member. In those cases it's pointless if you yourself get through but you still need to wait for someone on the other side.
Agree. ABTC is pretty specific. In my earlier reply I was thinking small children. General family members are definitely not allowed. On the other hand, I don't mind standing in line as much if I have someone to talk to.

As to families with small children, they should have a separate dedicated line for that regardless of ABTC status.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 2:02 am

Is there typically a family land for small children at Japanese airports? Ive seen in some countries (eg Thailand) this is the same lane as for the APAC card.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 2:37 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Is there typically a family land for small children at Japanese airports? I’ve seen in some countries (eg Thailand) this is the same lane as for the APAC card.
Family land? Like a facility for kids to play or nap while their families wait their turn at immigration via some ticketing system that doesn't require physically standing in line? What an awesome idea that would be.

No. Japanese airports don't offer that.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Is there typically a family land for small children at Japanese airports? Ive seen in some countries (eg Thailand) this is the same lane as for the APAC card.
The only thing I've observed over the years is a separate line for handicapped travelers -- typically using the expedited APEC lanes or sometimes the 1st class lanes at NRT....
Old Jun 7, 2023, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
The only thing I've observed over the years is a separate line for handicapped travelers -- typically using the expedited APEC lanes or sometimes the 1st class lanes at NRT....
Currently they have a single lane for handicap, families with children, and APEC at both NRT and HND.
Melodsal likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.