US Style Steakhouse in Tokyo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Style Steakhouse in Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2023, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
I don't have a problem with shrimp on pizza, but by all means, hold the mayo, please.
Yes I meant as a team 😆 my in-laws love it, 🤮
Old Jan 7, 2023, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Experience has taught me to automatically say "no mayo" with every Western-style item I order in Japan, even if there’s no logical reason to believe that the item I'm ordering would have mayo added to it.
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 1:58 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
Isn't Outback pretty much like TGIF with different signage ?

Forgot about this place opposite the Grand Hyatt Tokyo. .Seems to be a hybrid of sorts. Only been there for brunch....

https://37steakhouse.com/roppongi-location
No offense by 37 is horrible. Also yes to your question it’s all the same chain American junk.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 2:01 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by hailstorm
El Torito is fine for my tastes.

But Devils Craft is the only passable deep dish pizza I've ever found here.
Barely passable but agree.

Also, I have been to darn near every pizza place in Tokyo and I can say without a doubt that the Pizza Bar at the Mandarin Oriental in Nihonbashi beats Savoy, PST, Freys, Da Isa, and all the other popular places. It’s truly exceptional. Honestly I can’t get enough of that place. It’s one of the few places in the world I “highly recommend”. If you haven’t tried it, give it a go and let me know what you think via DM. And no I don’t work there lol.
MattEvan likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by ainternational

Also, I have been to darn near every pizza place in Tokyo and I can say without a doubt that the Pizza Bar at the Mandarin Oriental in Nihonbashi beats Savoy, PST, Freys, Da Isa, and all the other popular places. It’s truly exceptional. Honestly I can’t get enough of that place. It’s one of the few places in the world I “highly recommend”. If you haven’t tried it, give it a go and let me know what you think via DM. And no I don’t work there lol.
hmm can’t seem to find a lunch res any time soon (or for less than 2 guests)

edit: called and will give it a try later this month

Last edited by pesos; Jan 9, 2023 at 2:18 am
Old Jan 9, 2023, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No offense by 37 is horrible. Also yes to your question it’s all the same chain American junk.
Only been for brunch years ago. Never had the steak , only the pancakes and sausage.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

I haven't been to as many pizza places in Tokyo as you, but I love the Pizza Bar. Their calzone rocks, too. However it is now getting more difficult to get a reservation. Only 8 seats.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 8:14 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
I made a day trip to Enoshima over a weekend. Looks like a family of expatriates was having a craving for a burger. No, I did not stop by at Kua'Aina for a burger so I cannot comment on the quality of the burger at Kua'Aina. It was a nice day at Enoshima.

P.S. Kau'Aina is right next to the Katase Enoshima station on Odakyu Line.

Katase Enoshima station on Odakyu Line.

Last edited by AlwaysAisle; Jan 12, 2023 at 9:31 am
Old Jan 12, 2023, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
I made a day trip to Enoshima over a weekend. Looks like a family of expatriates was having a craving for a burger. No, I did not stop by at Kua'Aina for a burger so I cannot comment on the quality of the burger at Kua'Aina.
There are at least a couple of other Kua'Aina locations around Tokyo. I've not been to the location in Endoshima, but the others make a mighty fine burger. Unlike a lot of "Hawaii-style" things in Japan, this is a real small burger chain from Hawaii - I've been to a location in Oahu as well.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 9:22 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by Steve M
There are at least a couple of other Kua'Aina locations around Tokyo. I've not been to the location in Endoshima, but the others make a mighty fine burger. Unlike a lot of "Hawaii-style" things in Japan, this is a real small burger chain from Hawaii - I've been to a location in Oahu as well.
Many shops throughout Japan.
https://www.kua-aina.com/shop#location

We've got a few here in Kansai and I can confirm that the burgers are quite good.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From steak to burgers..............only on FT Japan.

Since the pumping of Kua'aina I did a quick google that it is part of the following organization.

https://www.four-seeds.co.jp/brand

I wonder how many of the restaurants people have eaten at without knowing they were part of the same company.

Last edited by Q Shoe Guy; Jan 13, 2023 at 7:14 pm
Old Jan 13, 2023, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Steve M
There are at least a couple of other Kua'Aina locations around Tokyo.
One within the Karuizawa Prince Shopping Center as well.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by MattEvan
This is incorrect. Pizza? Yes. A lot of other things? Definitely! But not hamburgers. No way.
Wait wait. Generally I would agree BUT try Aldebaran which just moved from Roppongi to Azabu Juban. It’s the best burger of my life and I’m a burger snob. Admittedly.
mjm likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by hijiji
I haven't been to as many pizza places in Tokyo as you, but I love the Pizza Bar. Their calzone rocks, too. However it is now getting more difficult to get a reservation. Only 8 seats.
Yup real PITA to get a reservation as a non hotel guest! But worth it every time! Met the head chef when I was there last week. Italian guy who started the restaurant. Very angry guy but was kind to customers. Not so much to the staff. Anyways best pizza ever!
Old Jan 16, 2023, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by pesos
Yes way! Authentic in Akasaka is my overall favorite burger worldwide but there are some other good ones as well.

Love the broccoli burger at this place. Not even kidding! Albeit more than one ketchup packet would be nice (they act like we are stealing candy from a baby when we ask for more) and their COVID restrictions are annoying to the EXTREME but the burger is good. Aldebaran still way better. For those readers who haven’t tried it yet - trust me. But it’s a nazi place. Reservations required. Must order off standard menu one day in advance. No customizations. No exceptions. Very annoying staff. But the best burger of my life.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.