The Westin Yokohama

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin Yokohama

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
The Westin Yokohama

The Westin Yokohama opened for the business this June 13. 373 rooms hotel located at Minato Mirai area, south of Yokohama station.

The business news I have read said many non-Japanese companies has invested a lot in Japanese real estate during the pandemic and hotels are one of them. Looks like many predict Japan is one of the areas which will come back strong after the pandemic. I am Hilton guy so I am monitoring new Hilton brand hotels in Japan and Hilton alone is planning a lot of new hotels in Japan.

Roku Kyoto, LXR Hotels opened Sept. 2021
Hilton Nagasaki opened Nov. 2021
Hilton Hiroshima soft opening Sept. 1, 2022 (limited facilities), grand opening (full facilities) mid Oct. 2022.
Hilton Garden Inn Kyoto: Dec. 2022 opening
DoubleTree Toyama: 2023 opening
Hilton Yokohama: 2023 opening
Hilton Miyako Island Resort (Okinawa): 2023 opening
DoubleTree Osaka Castle: 2024 opening
Hilton Sapporo: 2024 opening
Hilton Kyoto: 2024 opening
Waldorf Astoria Osaka: 2025 opening
Canopy by Hilton Osaka: 2025 opening
Waldorf Astoria Tokyo: 2026 opening
Conrad Nagoya: 2026 opening

Beside Hilton, I know a lot of non-Japanese hotel chains are planning to open upper middle and upper scale hotels in Japan.
The _Banking_Scot and jib71 like this.

Last edited by AlwaysAisle; Jun 22, 2022 at 7:57 am
Old Jun 25, 2022, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I stayed at the Westin Yokohama this week, it is a nice property. The lounge is huge, but is also needs a lot of size to cope with the evening cocktail hours. The evening selection is good, but breakfast you'd definitely want to take the breakfast in the restaurant welcome amenity, unless you are just a " coffee and croissant only" kind of breakfast person. The lounge does have a bit more than that, but not a huge selection.

The rooms are a good size, though there are some points where they are squeezing just a pinch top much. The pool and gym are quite nice.

It was surprisingly busy, but seemed to be a lot of elites redeeming to try the new kid on the block.

Hilton is running a bit behind Marriott on the expansion in Japan. Though Marriott's foot print was greatly helped by reflagging a lot of Mori Trust hotels to Marriott.

My impression with most of the new hotels coming is that it is not foreign real estate investments going in, it is Mistui, Mistubishi, Sumitomo, Mori, and Mori Trust that are really driving it. Even coming to the operations of the hotels.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
The Westin Yokohama opened for the business this June 13. 373 rooms hotel located at Minato Mirai area, south of Yokohama station.

The business news I have read said many non-Japanese companies has invested a lot in Japanese real estate during the pandemic and hotels are one of them. Looks like many predict Japan is one of the areas which will come back strong after the pandemic. I am Hilton guy so I am monitoring new Hilton brand hotels in Japan and Hilton alone is planning a lot of new hotels in Japan.

Roku Kyoto, LXR Hotels opened Sept. 2021
Hilton Nagasaki opened Nov. 2021
Hilton Hiroshima soft opening Sept. 1, 2022 (limited facilities), grand opening (full facilities) mid Oct. 2022.
Hilton Garden Inn Kyoto: Dec. 2022 opening
DoubleTree Toyama: 2023 opening
Hilton Yokohama: 2023 opening
Hilton Miyako Island Resort (Okinawa): 2023 opening
DoubleTree Osaka Castle: 2024 opening
Hilton Sapporo: 2024 opening
Hilton Kyoto: 2024 opening
Waldorf Astoria Osaka: 2025 opening
Canopy by Hilton Osaka: 2025 opening
Waldorf Astoria Tokyo: 2026 opening
Conrad Nagoya: 2026 opening

Beside Hilton, I know a lot of non-Japanese hotel chains are planning to open upper middle and upper scale hotels in Japan.
I need a list like this for Hyatts in Japan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.