Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Solid but inexpensive hotels in Tokyo

Solid but inexpensive hotels in Tokyo

Old Nov 17, 22, 8:15 am
  #61  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: WAS / NYC / TYO
Programs: churning and burning
Posts: 4,025
For someone who doesn't want to break the bank but doesn't want to be crammed into a tiny business hotel room with a unit bath, I think Sheraton Miyako is a solid choice. It's usually much cheaper than comparable mid-range international chain hotels, perhaps because it's a little out of the way in Shirokane. Still just a few minutes' taxi ride from Shinagawa or Shibuya and a quick subway ride from the major business districts.
joejones is offline  
Old Nov 18, 22, 11:57 am
  #62  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,162
Originally Posted by Daytona View Post
C/P = Cost/Performance (Ratio)
Originally Posted by YariGuy View Post
By the way, this video (Japanese) is an inspiration on what to do to enjoy these hotels:
Cospa (Cost Performance and the 5 sided graphs) and suggested itinerary (I've browsed many on ryokan websites) are both so very Japanese. I don't know when JP schools start to teach the presentation styles but I've come to appreciate the structure, consistency, and convenience.

It might speak somewhat to the "group think" but if I like/dislike something about a major JP business hotel chain's room & service other than room size, I'd likely encounter it in their other more recently built locations, too. A friend is a Toyoko fan while I tend to go with Dormy & Tokyu Stay. We both haven't stayed at each others "go to" chain. Toyoko (bedspread) & Dormy (door before hallway with sink) have such recognizable room photos that the locations are the variable.

Pullman Taimachi is also close to Mita station & Asakusa line for a direct connection to HND & NRT.
freecia is offline  
Old Nov 18, 22, 12:11 pm
  #63  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PVG
Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
Posts: 525
Originally Posted by freecia View Post
It might speak somewhat to the "group think" but if I like/dislike something about a major JP business hotel chain's room & service other than room size, I'd likely encounter it in their other more recently built locations, too. A friend is a Toyoko fan while I tend to go with Dormy & Tokyu Stay. We both haven't stayed at each others "go to" chain. Toyoko (bedspread) & Dormy (door before hallway with sink) have such recognizable room photos that the locations are the variable.
I've stayed at Toyoko, Dormy, and APA and I think they're all pretty much interchangeable (that is to say, fine). There are the small places that differentiate (for example, I like the savory plum tea that Toyoko provides), but these are not major.
YariGuy is online now  
Old Nov 19, 22, 7:01 pm
  #64  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: California
Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Posts: 1,698
Originally Posted by joejones View Post
For someone who doesn't want to break the bank but doesn't want to be crammed into a tiny business hotel room with a unit bath, I think Sheraton Miyako is a solid choice. It's usually much cheaper than comparable mid-range international chain hotels, perhaps because it's a little out of the way in Shirokane. Still just a few minutes' taxi ride from Shinagawa or Shibuya and a quick subway ride from the major business districts.
I stayed at the Osaka version of this hotel, granted on points not paid, but I did enjoy it. It was right above the Osaka-Uehommachi station, which is a stop or two away from the Osaka Namba station, and there was a Lawsons (or 7-11? I can't remember) right next to it. It's also walking distance to Dotonbori and everything else. The hotel was nice, rooms were big, only issue I really had was my suite upgrade that I used confirmed upgrade certificates for wasn't a suite. They just added a chair to it and called it one. Otherwise I'd definitely stay there again.
seigex is offline  
Old Nov 21, 22, 12:18 pm
  #65  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: YouTube: FindingFoodFluency
Posts: 91
Originally Posted by YariGuy View Post
I've stayed at Toyoko, Dormy, and APA and I think they're all pretty much interchangeable (that is to say, fine). There are the small places that differentiate (for example, I like the savory plum tea that Toyoko provides), but these are not major.
And at APA hotels, you can get the cult leader's, err CEO's curry
FindingFoodFluency is offline  
Old Nov 24, 22, 8:56 am
  #66  
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Posts: 15
APA hotels have good price for their locations.
nb2nier is offline  
Old Nov 30, 22, 5:35 pm
  #67  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1
Hey Guys,

Just stayed at the AC Hotel Ginza, was offereing breakfast as a Titanium Benefit but was only valid for the 1st night/1 time use. Is this the case with AC Hotel Ginza?

I was staying for 2 nights and could only use the breakfast benefit for 1X time. Even the manager at the front desk confirmed this is the case but it seemed really strange? never experienced this before where breakfast was only valid 1X time for the duration of the stay.
steven909 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread