Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Small fries only at Japanese McD's

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You shouldn't be eating more fries than in a small serving anyway so they are doing you a small favor.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by ainternational
Are you sure? I saw "not from ocean" written in very small lettering on the printed menu.
Good point. However, did you notice the lettering just below that:
"Every Ebi consumed is carbon neutral and certified dolphin free"
So you can dine with zero guilt!
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by jcmalcolm
Good point. However, did you notice the lettering just below that:
"Every Ebi consumed is carbon neutral and certified dolphin free"
So you can dine with zero guilt!
Good to hear it's an ebi burger and not a dolphin burger. Not as tasty, I assume.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Not that McD's version is my favorite. Lotteria also has ebi burger and Lotteria version has tartar sauce. Japanese tartar sauce has chunks of chopped boiled eggs which is different from the U.S. version of tartar sauce. I like that Japanese tartar sauce has chopped boiled eggs. Variety of ebi burgers at different locations, that keep things interesting. It is hard to say if McD's version of ebi burger is better than Lotteria version of ebi burger or not. Who else has ebi burger?
I actually don’t like Loteria ebi burger for that reason, that their tartar has chopped boiled egg pieces in it. I don’t like that. However Loteria occasionally comes out with limited edition premium ebi burgers and those are really good, my favorite.

MOS is really good but their buns too thick. First Kitchen also has ebi burger.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Hilarious (and smart marketing): https://soranews24.com/2022/01/14/as...cent-for-free/
pudgym29 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: :)
Damn, my heart goes out to all the families in the flood...
Old Jan 15, 2022, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA-˝K
It does appear nuclear by the color. Like many other "melon" drinks. I didn't even know McD's had that on the menu until I saw the photo in this thread.
heh, don't knock it. It's nectar of the gods. Fanta Melon Soda is the bomb...
ainternational likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 12:13 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by rworne
heh, don't knock it. It's nectar of the gods. Fanta Melon Soda is the bomb...
Oh I’m not knocking it. Everyone thinks I’m insane because I love drinking Diet Mountain Dew. Note the diet version is illegal in Japan because the chemical used to create that (also nuclear) coloring is also used as a fire retardant and is illegal to contain within food products here. In America, it’s all good though. You can’t make this stuff up!
Old Jan 16, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Oh I’m not knocking it. Everyone thinks I’m insane because I love drinking Diet Mountain Dew. Note the diet version is illegal in Japan because the chemical used to create that (also nuclear) coloring is also used as a fire retardant and is illegal to contain within food products here. In America, it’s all good though. You can’t make this stuff up!
I used to drink so much Diet Mountain dew that when the doctor's office would draw blood from me, Diet Mountain Dew would come out instead of blood. I'm trying to cut down because all the caffeine makes it VERY difficult to fall asleep at night.
ainternational likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:37 am

The insanity continues…

Again, good marketing!

https://soranews24.com/2022/01/17/fr...nience-stores/
Old Jan 18, 2022, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by evergrn
I actually don’t like Loteria ebi burger for the reason, that their tartar has chopped boiled egg pieces in it. I don’t like that. However Loteria occasionally comes out with limited edition premium ebi burgers and those are really good, my favorite.

MOS is really good but their buns too thick. First Kitchen also has ebi burger.
It is interesting that I like boiled eggs so tartar sauce with chopped boiled eggs is a plus for me, but for some boiled eggs are a deal killer. Never had First Kitchen ebi burger before. Had MOS burger's ebi burger a long time ago, but don't remember if I liked it or not. There is no MOS or First Kitchen near where I am, I think that is the reason have not had ebi burger from them.

The insanity continues…

Again, good marketing!

https://soranews24.com/2022/01/17/fr...nience-stores/
Good for them! Take advantage of the situation. McD's in Japan are well established and most likely this will not put a dent in their business in Japan. For other fast food places, they can use this to let their name out. McD's Japan was asked why not use potatoes from other places and McD's Japan said they could not get the same quality of fires using potatoes from other places.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Oh no..., now Mos Burger is saying starting this Thursday (Feb. 10) no french fries will be sold at all 1256 Mos Burger locations in Japan, this is expected to last till mid March.

I could find the announcement in Japanese only, could not find the report in English media yet. Mos Burger announcement (PDF in Japanese)
Old Jun 19, 2022, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Ramen is the new french fry

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-...box=1655692132
Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seigex
Crunchy fried noodles!? Least Burger King has onion rings. I knew Burger King returned to Japan few years ago after getting out of the business in Japan. According to Burger King Japan website there are currently 151 Burger Kings in Japan, that is a lot more than I thought.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Crunchy fried noodles!? Least Burger King has onion rings. I knew Burger King returned to Japan few years ago after getting out of the business in Japan. According to Burger King Japan website there are currently 151 Burger Kings in Japan, that is a lot more than I thought.
A "few" years, the return was around 2007. Time flies....

​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.