Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Okinawa Miyako Island Resort to Open in 2023

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2021, 4:53 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Hilton Okinawa Miyako Island Resort to Open in 2023

Competition is heating up on Miyakojima. Hilton, Mitsubishi Estate, and Kajima Corporation have teamed up to build the Hilton Okinawa Miyako Island Resort, a 329-room hotel that includes restaurants, fitness amenities, meeting and function spaces, as well as a banquet hall, swimming pool, spa, chapel and an executive lounge and ocean-view rooftop bar. The new resort will open in 2023.
https://www.hotel-online.com/press_r...island-resort/ (English)
https://www.kajima.co.jp/news/press/...pdf/22a1-j.pdf (Japanese with photos)
The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; Apr 28, 2021 at 6:43 am
Old Apr 28, 2021, 8:14 pm

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
Looking forward to it!
Old May 8, 2021, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Anyone care to guess how many Hilton Honors points it will take to stay here per night? Of course, it will vary by season, but I would guess a range of 60k - 80k points per night. I can't see it reaching 95k/night since it's not one of Hilton's luxury brands. Still, Miyakojima is a trendy spot with high-end resort competition heating up (Marriott Luxury Collection, Rosewood, and local boutique hotels). It should be a good place to use a Hilton free night award and the Aspire Card's $250 resort credit.

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; May 9, 2021 at 12:36 am
Old May 8, 2021, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I would think it would be 60-80k per night for a standard room award ( unless the main hilton brand awards elsewhere move up before then in terms of points per night)

Had a look at google maps and was surprised at how far south Miyako is ( I knew the main okinawa islands were a long way south of the main japanese islands but Miyako is even futher south - close to the same latitude as Taiwan)

The illustrations do look very nice!

Regards

TBS
Nagasaki Joe likes this.
Old May 8, 2021, 3:45 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Miyako is even futher south - close to the same latitude as Taiwan
Further south than Taipei, in fact, but still a degree or so north of the tropic of cancer. Japan's populated islands are all north of that line:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hateru...st%20longitude.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old May 8, 2021, 4:18 am

Given how Hilton Niseko Village can be got during ski season (probably shoulder season) for 60k points, that would be my guess for Miyako.
Nagasaki Joe likes this.
Old May 8, 2021, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YariGuy
Given how Hilton Niseko Village can be got during ski season (probably shoulder season) for 60k points, that would be my guess for Miyako.
Are you suggesting that 60k would be the maximum (during its busiest season) for the Miyakojima resort? Hilton has two (actually a few) other resorts on Naha that start a little under 40k points but shoot up to I think to 60k or more during busy stretches. I wonder if the Miyakojima resort will be considered higher-end than those?

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; May 8, 2021 at 6:30 am
Old May 8, 2021, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
Are you suggesting that 60k would be the maximum (during its busiest season) for the Miyakojima resort? Hilton has two (actually a few) other resorts on Naha that start a little under 40k points but shoot up to I think to 60k or more during busy stretches. I wonder if the Miyakojima resort will be considered higher-end than those?
My gut feel is that depending on how nice the resort is (i.e., beachfront access), 60k could be an average.
Nagasaki Joe likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 1:14 am

Programs: QF Plat, SQ*G, HH Diamond, ALL Plat, IHG Plat
Construction looks to be progressing well! I look forward to staying once it opens, most rooms should have amazing views of Irabu Bridge at sunset.

Nagasaki Joe and YariGuy like this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbor90
Construction looks to be progressing well! I look forward to staying once it opens, most rooms should have amazing views of Irabu Bridge at sunset.
It looks like it has a nice sandy beach too.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Hilton's Miyakojima resort is now listed on its website with additional information and artist renderings. The resort is slated to open in June 2023, but reservations are not yet being accepted.
https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/oka...island-resort/
Old Feb 25, 2023, 5:43 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Construction of the Hilton Okinawa Miyako Island Resort is completed, interior work of the hotel is not completed. On Feb, 24, the hotel started to accept the reservation for June 18, 2023 and beyond. The announcement on the Japanese website (did not find the announcement in English website) that June 18 will be a soft opening of the hotel, and the grand opening of the hotel will be August 26.

Hilton Okinawa Miyako Island Resort
Old Apr 9, 2023, 9:24 pm

Works have progressed to the garden and surrounding area so the Miyako Hilton resort still looks to be on track for a June opening.

The beach nearby is very nice - it's a great spot to go for a swim, and the waters are usually calm so it's a popular spot for stand up paddle boarding too.

Old Dec 19, 2023, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Anyone stayed here? How's the weather and water temperature in January? Also curious about the club lounge and its offerings.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Anyone stayed here? How's the weather and water temperature in January? Also curious about the club lounge and its offerings.
Yep, in very late December. Bit of a write up here firstly:

https://www.australianfrequentflyer....4#post-2667893

January weather can be variable - it's usually t-shirt weather, but occasionally can get rainy and windy. You'll see the difference in my photos in the link above! Sea water is usually about 23 degrees in winter.

Some photos of the EL offering below:

YariGuy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.