Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

We are now 180 days away from our 1st Japan trip,does anyone have an educated

We are now 180 days away from our 1st Japan trip,does anyone have an educated

Old Sep 16, 2020, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avios
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Personally, I wouldn't want my first Japan trip to be during or just after the end of the Corona Era. You're not really getting the true experience at that point. Two or three years after would be ideal, IMHO.
Normally I would agree totally with that statement but I am intrigued about visiting when the crowds are not excessive.I am hoping that if we go right after Covid we might find less tourists?? I have seen some pics of tourist sites during Sakura and they look to be absolutlely stuffed
Pureboy and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tilto007
Normally I would agree totally with that statement but I am intrigued about visiting when the crowds are not excessive.I am hoping that if we go right after Covid we might find less tourists??
As I mentioned in another thread, I took a week long trip to the Karuizawa area recently, and it was quite crowded with just Japanese tourists, which surprised me quite a bit.

Based on my experience, and general feeling of people really wanting to let loose and do stuff again, I think the first year or so after resumption of foreign tourists may be even more crowded than normal.
Tilto007 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 1:56 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
There is quite a lot of overlap here with the existing coronavirus thread so I am closing this.

Regards,
armagebedar
Japan forum moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.