Search
Old May 21, 2020, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
Print Wikipost

Japan Transit/Connection/Layover Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:27 pm

What’s the potential for a NRT to HND connection in November? About 4 hours is connection time.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by traveler202
What’s the potential for a NRT to HND connection in November? About 4 hours is connection time.
That is really tricky to answer. As it will depend on whether Japan has opened more for visa free or easier visa access. After the election on the 10th of July, it is probably likely to become more clear.

Personally I think there would probably be an option for at least a transit visa by then, but there is no real knowing.
Exec_Plat likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

NH, JL , KE, OZ began flights between Haneda and Gimpo from today . Each airline will fly 2 x a week to start.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
NH, JL , KE, OZ began flights between Haneda and Gimpo from today . Each airline will fly 2 x a week to start.
I guess KE or OZ starts today?

The arrivals from Korea having to go to Narita or Kansai rule has not been changed in the posted rules yet. But I hope the airlines know what they are doing.... Need to see what time the first flight arrives/arrived.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

羽田-ソウル、2年4カ月ぶり運航再開 大韓航空は予約好調、8月めどに777再投入

6/29(水) 13:09配信

-羽田線を再開した大韓航空(手前)とアシアナ航空=22年6月29日 PHOTO: Yusuke KOHASE/Aviation Wire

新型コロナウイルスの流行により運休が続いていた、羽田-ソウル(金浦)が6月29日に再開された。日本と韓国の2社ずつが週 2往復ずつ、計8往復を運航する。再開初日となった29日は、大韓航空(KAL/KE)とアシアナ航空(AAR/OZ)の韓国系2社の便が2年4カ月ぶりに羽田へ到着した。 ◆韓国系2社は水土運航  2社とも水曜と土曜に運航する。大韓航空の運航スケジュールは、羽田行きKE707便がソウルを午前9時 に出発し、午前11時10分着。ソウル行きKE708便は午後0時25分に羽田を出発し、午後2時45分に 到着する。機材はボーイング737-900ER型機(2クラス173席:ビジネス8席、エコノミー165席)を投入する。  アシアナの運航スケジュールは、羽田行きOZ1085便がソウルを午前8時40分に出発し、午前10時4 5分着。ソウル行きOZ1075便は午後0時5分に羽田を出発し、午後2時25分に到着する。機材はエアバ スA321型機を投入する。  アシアナ航空のソウル発OZ1085便(A321、登録記号HL8039)は、定刻より1分早い午前10 時44分に羽田空港の114番駐機場に到着した。大韓航空のソウル発KE707便(737-900ER、HL8273)は、定刻より6分早い午前11時4分に113番駐機場に着いた。  日系2社も順次再開し、日本航空(JAL/JL、9201)は翌30日から日曜と木曜に、全日本空輸(ANA/NH)は7月1日から月曜と金曜に運航する。 ◆大韓航空、予約3ケタ  路線再開を受け、羽田空港で取材に応じた大韓航空 東日本支店の妹島(せじま)禎也支店長は、同路線を「日韓の往来の大動脈で旗艦路線」と表現し、「素直にう れしい」と喜びをあらわにした。  再開初日となった29日は、往復とも50人程度が利用した。妹島支店長は「政府の認可受けてから1週間で 50人に予約いただいた」と利用客に感謝した。7月2日に運航する2便目も初便同様の予約状況だが、6日に 運航する3便目からは3ケタの予約が入り好調だという。  再開後の機材は小型機の737を投入する。妹島支店長によると、メンテナンスの都合で737で運航してい るという。今後は大型化も計画し、8月ごろをめどに777の再投入も予定している。  大韓航空は競合のアシアナ航空同様、水曜と土曜に運航する。妹島支店長は「各社が当局に申請したら同じ曜 日・同じ時間帯になった」と説明。「分散した方が利便性が高いが、各社で思惑がある」と述べた 。  水曜発とした理由については、出張の開始日と関連しているという。妹島支店長はコロナ以前は出張開始日が 月曜だったとした上で、「現在はPCR検査を受けた後への出張に変化している。月曜に検査し火曜に陰性証明 取得後、水曜に出張する」パターンが多いとした。 ※妹島支店長の「禎」はしめすへんが「示」の旧字体
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I guess KE or OZ starts today?

The arrivals from Korea having to go to Narita or Kansai rule has not been changed in the posted rules yet. But I hope the airlines know what they are doing.... Need to see what time the first flight arrives/arrived.

Can't wait to read all the "Oh, it's so inconvenient for connections" kvetching.......
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can't wait to read all the "Oh, it's so inconvenient for connections" kvetching.......
I am sure we will get it. I guess there are now options for some weekend breaks. I need to check what the pricing is like....
Old Jun 29, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
kvetching. more people need to use this awesome word.
Exec_Plat and seigex like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 6:32 pm

Hi All -

Have a NRT transit flight coming this weekend. I've read through the past posts and based on my understanding, the below shouldn't be a problem...however had a few questions for those that have actually transited on two different PNRS / two non-alliance carriers. Currently in Seoul looking to get back to the USA.

Leg #1: ICN to NRT on KE 703. Lands at 1:30 PM in Terminal 1. Carry on bags only.
Leg #2: NRT to IAD on NH 002. Same day departure at 4:30 PM in Terminal 1.

Questions:
  • I understand that proof of continued travel is required at the initial desk counter check in (ICN). However, I am not sure if I will be able to get a (mobile) boarding pass from NH prior to my departure to show to agents at ICN. Does anyone know if NH provides (mobile) boarding passes for international japan flights prior to visiting a desk? Have people been able to use confirmed online check ins / flight itineraries as a means to provide proof of continued travel instead of a boarding pass?
  • Once I land in NRT in Terminal 1, is there a NH desk that I can visit to collect a (mobile/physical) boarding pass / check in bags (if needed due to NH's own baggage policy)?
TIA!
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:10 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Email I received today for my flight in a couple of days:

Thank you for choosing ANA.

Japan has taken strict measures as emergency and precautionary measures.

It may take some time to complete quarantine and other procedures at arrival airports. For details about these strict measures, please refer to the website of The Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW).

https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/covid-19/bordercontrol.html

*In case of connecting to an international flight Requirements for entering Japan will not be applied.

Transfers to international flights are limited to connections from the same airport.

<Fast Track>

Passengers can complete quarantine procedures in advance on MySOS (the health and location monitoring app for those entering Japan).

If passengers then present the relevant screen in the app during check-in and upon arrival, passengers can have a smoother experience when completing procedures and will not be required to submit any quarantine documentation for inspection.

Please note that applications must be submitted at least 6 hours prior to the scheduled arrival date and time.

https://www.hco.mhlw.go.jp/fasttrack/en/

<Inspection Certificate and Quarantine measures>

All passengers entering Japan are required to have a negative inspection certificate.

-The Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare strongly recommends the use of the prescribed format.

Please download and print the Japanese certificate and take it with you to the test center.

*Valid format of Inspection Certificate:Ministry of Foreign Affairs

https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/fna/page25e_000334.html

* COVID-19 Negative Test Result Certificate before departure:Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare

https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/covid-19/border_test.html

*In case of obtaining a test certificate other than the prescribed format, please note that the requirements for Specimen, Test method and Testing period are specified.

*If a valid negative inspection certificate cannot be verified at the time of check-in procedures or the test result is positive, passengers will be denied boarding due to the instructions from the Japanese government.

Please note that even if you arrive at the airport in that case, check-in and boarding procedures cannot be undertaken.

*Please note that even for passengers who have a vaccination certificate, passengers are required to present a valid inspection certificate upon entering Japan.

-Before entering Japan, passengers are required to register information on the "Questionnaire Web".

https://arqs-qa.followup.mhlw.go.jp/#/

Please note that the quarantine procedure will take some time if "Questionnaire Web" is not completed.

<Quarantine measures after arrival into Japan>

From 00:00 am(JST) on June 1st, 2022, quarantine measures after entry into Japan depend on the classification of the country or region of your stay before arriving in Japan and your vaccination status.

Please see the Website of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare website.

https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/covid-19/bordercontrol.html

-Passengers who have entered or returned to Japan from overseas and self-quarantine at home are allowed to use public transportation.

However, it is limited to within 24 hours of the test that was taken upon entering Japan.

<Passengers with connections on ANA domestic flights>

ーOn the day of arrival, it may take some time for procedures such as quarantine and guidance after arrival, and passengers may not be able to board the reserved connecting flight.

Please make a reservation with plenty of time when connecting.

If passengers cannot transfer on the day of the flight, please come to the ANA domestic flight counter.

<Visit Japan web service>

‘Visit Japan web service’ that allows foreigners (including Japanese returning from overseas) to perform quarantine, immigration, and customs declaration procedures at the time of entry has started. For details, please check the Digital Agency website.

https://www.digital.go.jp/en/services/visit_japan_web

Departing passengers are kindly requested to arrive at the airport with plenty of time to spare on the day of departure.

*This e‐mail has been sent to customers who have reservation(s)as of June 30 Japan time.

* This e-mail address is for sending purposes only:

please do not reply/respond directly to this e-mail address

◆ ANA Privacy Policy

We recognize the sensitive nature of the personal information received from our customers, and make all efforts in handling this private information carefully.

For details, please refer to

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/common/aboutana/legal/

----------------------------------------

June 30,2022

ALL NIPPON AIRWAYS CO., LTD.

---------------------------------------
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:43 am

Looking at some flights to Australia next year and was wondering if a 75 min transit time is enough. Both flights on ANA booked on a single reservation, INT to INT at HND
Old Jun 30, 2022, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kodalip
Looking at some flights to Australia next year and was wondering if a 75 min transit time is enough. Both flights on ANA booked on a single reservation, INT to INT at HND
Should be fine
kodalip likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by THECLIPPERS
Email I received today for my flight in a couple of days:

Thank you for choosing ANA.

Japan has taken strict measures as emergency and >snip<
Haven't they been sending these with slight different wording depending on active rules forever?

For the transit thread here, the only adivse if getting this mail is ignore it, it only applies to people entering Japan.
Exec_Plat likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, United 1K, AA Platinum Pro
Not sure if this the correct forum to ask this question but here goes. I am traveling LAX-HND and then HND-GMP on two separate tickets on JL with an overnight transit in HND. South Korea requires a COVID test either 1 or 2 days before departure date. Does anyone what day they would consider the departure date? Would it be the departure date for the first ticket or would they use the departure date for the HND-GMP since it is two separate tickets? I was not sure if the transit through Japan would reset the departure date.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: AA, DL
I was checking into transferring from HND to NRT (different airlines) for November and I read that as of today, there are no tourists allowed unless part of a package tour. I have an award ticket I am trying to book but thinking it is best to avoid Japan until the restrictions are lifted for all tourists. Anyone have input on this? I would be willing to do a package tour for a couple of days but not a full week since Japan is not my final destination in Asia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.