Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Japan Honeymoon Trip

Japan Honeymoon Trip

Old Mar 26, 20, 12:08 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain View Post
It looks like the Conrad and Hilton Osaka are closed for the month of February in 2021. No booking that I can see.

I contacted the Conrad via Twitter and got "Yes, at this time, availability is not loaded for those days. We regret any inconvenience and hope it's loaded soon. - John"
I've had that issue with several Japanese hotels before. Specifically the Courtyard Ginza as one extreme that only loaded availability like 3-months out. What sometimes works is e-mailing management to put your reservation down manually, even before the schedule loads online. Wouldn't be too worried.
MSYtoJFKagain likes this.
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free agent
I sent an email directly to the Conrad with my dates so hopefully that will help.

What's strange is that there is availability AFTER those dates.
Old Mar 26, 20, 1:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I highly recommend planning to spend an evening in Kyoto, in order to stroll through a neighborhood with geisha houses in the early evening when the geisha are out walking to work. Some of the historic buildings look special in twilight or at night too. This could be hard if you need to take a train back to your hotel in Osaka, especially in time for the lounge happy hour. Try also to see Osaka castle (perhaps from your hotel?) when it's lit up at night, although I'm not sure actually visiting the castle is the best use of time.
Old Mar 26, 20, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I highly recommend planning to spend an evening in Kyoto, in order to stroll through a neighborhood with geisha houses in the early evening when the geisha are out walking to work. Some of the historic buildings look special in twilight or at night too. This could be hard if you need to take a train back to your hotel in Osaka, especially in time for the lounge happy hour. Try also to see Osaka castle (perhaps from your hotel?) when it's lit up at night, although I'm not sure actually visiting the castle is the best use of time.
I think we'll be missing most of the lounge happy hours. I'm planning at least one night in Kyoto at a high-end ryokan for our last night in the region. Definitely open to recommendations.
Old Mar 26, 20, 2:16 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
100% recommend this. We were able to take some fantastic pictures on this small road: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ka...!4d135.7739172

it looks absolutely amazing in the evenings.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: