Wiki Posts
Search

Overnight Osaka Hotel: Hyatt USJ or Courtyard Honmachi

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Overnight Osaka Hotel: Hyatt USJ or Courtyard Honmachi

Posted this on tripadvisor forum but thought I should post here too for your wisdom:I have two options for an overnight stay in Osaka after five days of bliss in Kyoto:

Hyatt Regency at Universal Studio Japan (using Hyatt points so essentially free but no breakfast as I have no status with Hyatt); OR

Courtyard Honmachi Osaka which will be about 14K yen (BRG rate), with free breakfast due to elite status.

Lounge doesn’t matter. Breakfast doesn’t really matter. I only inhale coffee in the morning. Room size is fine long as it’s over 23 sq. meters. Upgrade doesn’t matter for one night.

What matters: clean room (which is true all over Japan), good shower pressure, access to KIX without transfers (obviously, not via expensive taxi) or at most one transfer. I will have one big luggage though I may send it to the airport straight from RC Kyoto before heading to Osaka.

Which one is easier in terms of least amount of transfers on the way to KIX airport? I won’t be going anywhere on the day of flight departure, just hotel and then to airport, will probably have food at the airport lounge.

I also rather use the Hyatt points... though the 14K yen points for the Courtyard is also a great rate

Currently have both booked but will cancel one of them closer to the check in date. Couryard is new and nice but I hear it’s a bit of a chore to get to the airport with suitcases.

Thanks!
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:06 am

Programs: UA, NW
Unless the Hyatt has its own airport bus service, you could take a cab from the Courtyard Honmachi to Nankai-Namba to catch the direct Nankai train to KIX or to Tennoji to catch the JR Haruka. Although I don't stay in hotels of that class, that's what I would do if I were staying in Osaka and flying out of KIX.

On the other hand, you could just spend another night in Kyoto and take the Haruka directly to KIX, if you have no special reason for being in Osaka.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ksandness
Unless the Hyatt has its own airport bus service, you could take a cab from the Courtyard Honmachi to Nankai-Namba to catch the direct Nankai train to KIX or to Tennoji to catch the JR Haruka. Although I don't stay in hotels of that class, that's what I would do if I were staying in Osaka and flying out of KIX.

On the other hand, you could just spend another night in Kyoto and take the Haruka directly to KIX, if you have no special reason for being in Osaka.
I kinda want to have dinner in Osaka the night before. Right.. I can cab to Tennoji from Honmachi though it will probably be rush hour traffic ona week dayz
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:49 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
If you want to do dinner at Osaka then Courtyard will have more options closer by than Hyatt. Hyatt is little out of the way, it is not located right next to Universal Studio but Hyatt is located little further out than Universal Studio.

In terms of number of transfers from the hotel to KIX, Hyatt and Courtyard may not be a lot of difference but Hyatt is little out of the way so travel time from a hotel to KIX then Courtyard will be little shorter travel time. Especially as ksandness suggested if you take a short taxi from Couryard to Nankai Namba station which is 2.8 km (1.7 miles) then Nankai express train Rapit to KIX will be cheaper than taking JR express train Haruka from Tenouji station.

Nankai Rapit:
Nanba-KIX 1450 yen (930 yen if you take slower, no reserve seating commuter train)

JR Haruka:
Tenouji-KIX 2270 yen (1080 yen if you take slower, no reserve seating commuter train)

P.S.
If you have large suitcases then most convenient will be Airport Limousine Bus which departs right from Hyatt direct to KIX. 1600 yen, 50 min ride to the airport. Courtyard des not have this option.
RichardInSF likes this.

Last edited by AlwaysAisle; Jan 30, 2020 at 10:53 am
Old Jan 30, 2020, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
If you want to do dinner at Osaka then Courtyard will have more options closer by than Hyatt. Hyatt is little out of the way, it is not located right next to Universal Studio but Hyatt is located little further out than Universal Studio.

In terms of number of transfers from the hotel to KIX, Hyatt and Courtyard may not be a lot of difference but Hyatt is little out of the way so travel time from a hotel to KIX then Courtyard will be little shorter travel time. Especially as ksandness suggested if you take a short taxi from Couryard to Nankai Namba station which is 2.8 km (1.7 miles) then Nankai express train Rapit to KIX will be cheaper than taking JR express train Haruka from Tenouji station.

Nankai Rapit:
Nanba-KIX 1450 yen (930 yen if you take slower, no reserve seating commuter train)

JR Haruka:
Tenouji-KIX 2270 yen (1080 yen if you take slower, no reserve seating commuter train)

P.S.
If you have large suitcases then most convenient will be Airport Limousine Bus which departs right from Hyatt direct to KIX. 1600 yen, 50 min ride to the airport. Courtyard des not have this option.
Thanks!!

yeah I will likely have at least one suitcase. The airport limo bus is really attractive. I don’t like getting lost in the crazy train complex. Did that last time... missed the train

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.