Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Airside luggage storage at NRT?

Old Jan 14, 20, 6:27 am
Original Poster

1) Are there coin lockers or luggage storage services airside at Narita airport? Or are they all landside?

2) Are luggage storage/lockers, either airside or landside, safe enough to store a laptop?

Thanks.

Aurelio
Old Jan 14, 20, 6:33 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.8MM, PC Spire, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by alocsin View Post
1) Are there coin lockers or luggage storage services airside at Narita airport? Or are they all landside?

2) Are luggage storage/lockers, either airside or landside, safe enough to store a laptop?

Thanks.

Aurelio
They are safe and they are landside. I don't think there are any airside.
Old Jan 14, 20, 7:45 am

Don't think there are any airside either

NRT provides airside trolleys (carryon in the bottom and bag on top), usually small enough to go into a store (except during peak hours with crowds). You should be able to find an example in YouTube videos, couldn't find one on Google images

Don't really imagine a reason for a locker airside. Nice to have of course
Old Jan 14, 20, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
Actually, we're taking a tour landside during our long transit at NRT. I wanted to avoid having to lug our heavy carry-ons landside and then going through security with them again. But I appreciate everyone's responses because now I know where to store them..
Old Jan 14, 20, 2:38 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks

Programs: Tri-State Turducken, Keisei Skinflint, KCR Headphones, Kopaja Platinum
Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
One example, flying from cold temps to hot temps, and the passenger doesn't have a visa/enough time to pass through immigration on the inbound. Doesn't ICN have something like this, or is it landside?

(Cumbersome) luggage on a brief trip elsewhere is another.
Old Jan 14, 20, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by alocsin View Post
Actually, we're taking a tour landside during our long transit at NRT. I wanted to avoid having to lug our heavy carry-ons landside and then going through security with them again. But I appreciate everyone's responses because now I know where to store them..
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento View Post
One example, flying from cold temps to hot temps, and the passenger doesn't have a visa/enough time to pass through immigration on the inbound. Doesn't ICN have something like this, or is it landside?

(Cumbersome) luggage on a brief trip elsewhere is another.
True, but if it's not as annoying if you have a luggage cart airside

If you are transiting (and decide to leave airport during transit) , you don't get access* to the airside transit area direcrtly - once you leave plane, you either go thru transit security or go thru immigration. If you do go thru transit security and back airside, it's difficult to go back landside

*NRT allow ex-USA flights to skip transit security,can access airside directly or go thru immigration. KUL, SIN, KEF, Schengen airports are other examples where there is a common transit area after deplaning

Search this Thread
Search Engine: