Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Japan first time: any hint appreciated

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: UA, NW
Originally Posted by LapLap
This thread has become like one of those shrine statues that passing visitors give a rub to for luck
And I am still wondering why people think that strangers on the internet can plan their trip for them when they have done no preliminary work themselves. (This phenomenon is not unique to FlyerTalk.)
roberto99 and Pureboy like this.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
I have some good generic advice (likely to be ridiculed, of course )... IMHO Japan is unlike, say going to Paris or Florence where the "hard" (Instagramable) sites are well known. To me Japan is mostly a "soft" country. Yes, you want to visit a temple or two... but for the most part the unique Japan-ness of Japan is the most interesting thing. In other words it really does not matter that much what you do. Just walk out of your hotel turn left and experience the unique Japan-ness for yourself.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by schriste
Japan is unlike, say going to Paris or Florence where the "hard" (Instagramable) sites are well known. ...Just walk out of your hotel turn left and experience the unique Japan-ness for yourself.
I agree.
Good point; good advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.