Search

Sapporo winter festival 2020

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Sapporo winter festival 2020

Hey
Off to Sapporo in early Feb for the winter festival. Obviously it's an expensive time to go..has anyone stayed out of Sapporo and used the train to commute in to see the festival...im looking for recommendations. We were also looking to do a little travelling around Hokkaido...can anyone offer up any tips or ideas? Thxs!
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:39 pm
Shi

We went for the snow festival in Sapporo earlier this year and it wasn't too expensive staying in town. As such we don't have too much experience commuting in to see it but you may be able to base out of Sapporo still.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starbucks Gold
So we're all booked..the trip has morphed into a quick Hokkaido visit.

Day 1. Ams-Kix then Kix-Cts then train to Sapporo.
Day 2. Winter Festival
Day 3. Winter Festval
Day 4. Train to Lake Toya + stay
Day 5. Stay Lake Toya
Day 6. Train to Hakodate + stay
Day 7. Stay Hakodate
Day 8. Train to Sendai

Any tips for this part of my trip? Many thxs
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: FB Platinum
I was in Hokkaido in September and loved it - especially Lake Toya, I assume you'll be in Toyako-onsen. If so you will miss the fireworks displays but have the illuminations tunnel instead I think. Make sure you walk around the living museum - the area of Toyako that was hit by the volcano eruption a few years ago, it's super eerie. The ropeway up mount Usu is a must do too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.