Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu Unbookable Oct 1 and Beyond

Old Apr 30, 19, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan, Flying Blue, Priority Club, avios

I have been putting together my last pieces of a RTW trip and have an early start on a Domestic flight out of HND and have been trying to book Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu in the Domestic Terminal.

I did email them in February and they said that there is a tax change or something and the website will be updated end of February....so I waited. Mid March comes along and I am still not able to book past Oct 1 2019. So I emailed again and they said... website should be updated mid April or towards the end of it. Well it still isn't able to book past October 1.

Has there been any update or is there something on the Japanese version that says when they are updating it? Maybe I am missing something. Is anyone else able to book past Oct 1?

Putting those final touches on a trip can be rewarding but also exhausting/annoying when things don't go smoothly...
Old Apr 30, 19, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by aeroman380 View Post
I have been putting together my last pieces of a RTW trip and have an early start on a Domestic flight out of HND and have been trying to book Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu in the Domestic Terminal.

I did email them in February and they said that there is a tax change or something and the website will be updated end of February....so I waited. Mid March comes along and I am still not able to book past Oct 1 2019. So I emailed again and they said... website should be updated mid April or towards the end of it. Well it still isn't able to book past October 1.

Has there been any update or is there something on the Japanese version that says when they are updating it? Maybe I am missing something. Is anyone else able to book past Oct 1?

Putting those final touches on a trip can be rewarding but also exhausting/annoying when things don't go smoothly...
Maybe you should secure a room at the Royal Park (which is at Int'l terminal) for now, and then book Tokyu Excel when their inventory becomes available.
If you end up staying at Royal Park and you're flying ANA or JAL and you have lots of luggage, you can actually do bag drop at their landside transfer desk counter at the Int'l terminal (right near Royal Park) for their domestic flights, then clear security and ride the airside bus from there to T1/2.

I don't know why you can't book rooms beyond Oct 1st at Tokyu Excel HND. There are 14 Tokyu hotels in Kanto region... out of those 10 are bookable well beyond Oct 1st as one would expect. But the HND hotel is one of four that appear to be unbookable from Oct onward.
aeroman380 likes this.
Old May 1, 19, 1:01 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Many Japanese hotels don't open reservation for more than 3 - 6 months.

On Japanese language booking sites, this hotel is bookable up to Sept 30. The availability calendar stops at Sept 30.
MSPeconomist and aeroman380 like this.
Old May 1, 19, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by beep88 View Post
Many Japanese hotels don't open reservation for more than 3 - 6 months.

On Japanese language booking sites, this hotel is bookable up to Sept 30. The availability calendar stops at Sept 30.
This. I experienced the same thing when trying to plan too far out. The good advice I found here was essentially to "take a deep breath" and wait a bit, rooms will be available in due turn.
aeroman380 likes this.
Old May 1, 19, 11:38 am

Vast majority of Japanese hotels are now bookable from 6mo out, some (esp ryokans and small private places) do have shorter lead time, but many are bookable even 9-12+mo out. I made most of my Dec/Jan bookings a couple of months ago. Iím still waiting on Richmond Hotels for the remaining couple nights, as they open up inventory 6mo out. It is the exception rather than rule that OPs hotel is not bookable for Oct when it is already late April (as evidenced by the fact that most of the other Tokyu hotels are bookable into Oct and Nov).
aeroman380 likes this.
Old May 1, 19, 12:09 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's also sometimes the case that dates not bookable on the hotel website are bookable on Rakuten Travel.
aeroman380 likes this.
Old May 1, 19, 3:12 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, DL Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by milepig View Post
The good advice I found here was essentially to "take a deep breath" and wait a bit, rooms will be available in due turn.
Yep. Don't spend another moment worrying about this. An airport hotel is extremely unlikely to get completely booked months in advance. Just wait for the booking window to open. It's not like an award airline ticket where you have to figure out in which hour the inventory will be released 330 days out and pounce right away.
aeroman380 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: