Wiki Posts
Search

Buy online tickets for Mori Tower Tokyo View and get refund from SUICA cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Buy online tickets for Mori Tower Tokyo View and get refund from SUICA cards

Hello All,
I'll be landing in Tokyo in a few days. I try to book in advance tickets for Mori Tower Tokyo View but they don't have the option for me to buy online ticket for the Rooftop Sky Deck
https://art-view.roppongihills.com/en/info/
What website I can buy the tickets for Tokyo View + Rooftop Sky Deck?
I see that Google offers buying tickets thru them but I'm not sure how that works.

Regarding Suica cards, can I buy one single Suica card for group of 3 people or I have to buy 3 cards? When I return the Suica card at JR office at Narita airport, will I get the refund in yen or in USD (which is the money type I need before leaving Japan).
Thanks a lot.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by fandi
Hello All,
I'll be landing in Tokyo in a few days. I try to book in advance tickets for Mori Tower Tokyo View but they don't have the option for me to buy online ticket for the Rooftop Sky Deck
https://art-view.roppongihills.com/en/info/
What website I can buy the tickets for Tokyo View + Rooftop Sky Deck?
I see that Google offers buying tickets thru them but I'm not sure how that works.

Regarding Suica cards, can I buy one single Suica card for group of 3 people or I have to buy 3 cards? When I return the Suica card at JR office at Narita airport, will I get the refund in yen or in USD (which is the money type I need before leaving Japan).
Thanks a lot.
Hi,

I think you can only buy the Sky deck ticket once you are in the viewing gallery ( as the sky dec can close in bad weather or if it gets too windy )

As for suica cards, you will need one for each person and the refund will be in Yen ( less a Yen 220 fee ( if you have a sginificant balance) -or you can keep the card for your next visit if coming back to Japan within 10 years IIRC)

Regards

TBS
fandi likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I think you can only buy the Sky deck ticket once you are in the viewing gallery ( as the sky dec can close in bad weather or if it gets too windy )

As for suica cards, you will need one for each person and the refund will be in Yen ( less a Yen 220 fee ( if you have a sginificant balance) -or you can keep the card for your next visit if coming back to Japan within 10 years IIRC)

Regards

TBS
Thanks for the info. That Mori Tower website does not even have option for buying online tickets for the Tokyo View (general view, not the rooftop view). For example, from https://art-view.roppongihills.com/en/info/ go down to 'Advance tickets' and there's no 'Buy Tickets' for the Tokyo View. And here's the instructions:
Tickets available through:
Convenience store such as Lawson, Seven Eleven etc.
Please inquire each respective ticket agency about the advance ticket. Please call to phone number indicated on the tickets.
- Lawson, Ministop
Search L code 32475 or “Tokyo City View” from “Lawson Ticket HMV” page on the ticket machine.
- Other ticket agency (convenience store) :
Seven Eleven, Family Mart, Circle K Sunkus
Search ticket number 0240007 or “Tokyo City View” from “JTB Leisure Ticket” page on the ticket machine.

So basically no online tickets.

As for the Suica cards, since it's a prepaid card with money can be withdrawn from, I thought I only need to buy one for the group. Let's say three of us taking the bus, I could tap the Suica card three times and the fare would be paid three times from the card.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
There's a 7/11 at both HND and NRT so if you are in a rush to get the tickets as early as possible you can do it immediately on arrival.
fandi likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Regarding tickets for the shinkansen from Tokyo to Kyoto, can I 1) go straight to the train gate and show my JR pass OR 2) I have to stop by JR office to show my JR pass for them to issue me a free ticket before heading to the shinkansen? Thanks.

Last edited by fandi; Mar 31, 2019 at 9:10 am
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
I havn't used the JRP in 5 years but if it hasnt changed you will have to go to the jr ticket office to grab a reservation. If you don't need a reserved seat you might be able to just rock up but I'd recommend getting a seat anyhoo since it's free.
fandi likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Also I think you cannot use the JR Pass on the Nozomi shinkansen ( the Hikari is fine for JR Pass )

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
I strongly suggest obtaining seat reservations for the shinkansen on that popular route. You can make the reservations at any JR service center at major stations at any time prior to travel or on the same day, although seating may be limited if you wait.
fandi likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by abmj-jr
I strongly suggest obtaining seat reservations for the shinkansen on that popular route. You can make the reservations at any JR service center at major stations at any time prior to travel or on the same day, although seating may be limited if you wait.
Yes. I think I need to make reservations anyway so I could ask for the 'Mount Fuji' side (From Flyertalk: "Fuji-san mitai. Migi-seki" ("I want to see Mt. Fuji. Right seat (Right when the train goes from Tokyo to Kyoto) and on the left (Hidari-seki when the train goes from Kyoto to Tokyo))
Regarding pickup service at the LAX to home on the way back, Uber app shows the service is not available for picking up from LAX. But Lyft app seems to let me schedule. But my concern is there are hundreds of people at Tom Bradley Terminal waiting to be picked up, how does the Lyft driver know it's us that he needs to pick up?

Last edited by fandi; Mar 31, 2019 at 2:52 pm
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
You might want to ask that as a separate question in the Destinations: Los Angeles forum.
fandi likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:14 pm

Regarding pickup service at the LAX to home on the way back, Uber app shows the service is not available for picking up from LAX. But Lyft app seems to let me schedule. But my concern is there are hundreds of people at Tom Bradley Terminal waiting to be picked up, how does the Lyft driver know it's us that he needs to pick up?
Its not relevant to this thread, but I’ve got a quick answer for you. Uber and Lyft can now both pick up at LAX. Here’s a good overview of what to do: https://ride.guru/airports/LAX. Simply, you have the drivers license plate number and they have your name. They should pick up the correct passenger based on that info, and you have to go to a designated pickup spot based on your terminal.

As abmj-jr mentions, any follow up questions would best be asked in the Los Angeles forum.
fandi likes this.

Last edited by BeachRat; Mar 31, 2019 at 4:20 pm
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
As for the Suica cards, since it's a prepaid card with money can be withdrawn from, I thought I only need to buy one for the group. Let's say three of us taking the bus, I could tap the Suica card three times and the fare would be paid three times from the card.
For simple prepaid transactions, it can work like that. For a fixed bus fare where you only swipe at boarding, it might work although I've never tried it and there might be some logic to prevent multiple swipes (to prevent accidental overcharges).

For distance based fares, most trains and subways and some buses (Fukuoka works that way), you swipe at entry, then again at exit and the system calculates how much to deduct. Each person needs their own card for that. The ticket gates will not open for additional swipes.
fandi likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Per this Narita Airport ATM rules https://www.narita-airport.jp/en/service/svc_12
* A maximum of JPY30,000 yen only may be withdrawn
with each transaction.

So I guess if I need more, I just do another one or two transactions (to pay for the hotel in Tokyo)?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:02 pm

No it definitely doesn’t work like that. It’s a tap on, tap off system so each passenger needs a card.

That said, the card only costs about 5 bucks, and even that is partly refundable if you don’t want to keep the card.

I’d keep it, as it remains valid for 10 years from last usage. Even if you never use it again, it’s a 5 buck souvenir.
fandi likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:27 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Per this Narita Airport ATM rules https://www.narita-airport.jp/en/service/svc_12
* A maximum of JPY30,000 yen only may be withdrawn
with each transaction.

So I guess if I need more, I just do another one or two transactions (to pay for the hotel in Tokyo)?
Every hotel I've ever stayed at in Japan has taken credit cards. That being said, I've never stayed in a totally budget hotel, so maybe a few of those don't. But if you are staying in regular hotels, you won't need to pay cash.

Also, whjy not go up Sky Tree instead of the Mori tower?
Busymann likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.