Buy online tickets for Mori Tower Tokyo View and get refund from SUICA cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy online tickets for Mori Tower Tokyo View and get refund from SUICA cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Every hotel I've ever stayed at in Japan has taken credit cards. That being said, I've never stayed in a totally budget hotel, so maybe a few of those don't. But if you are staying in regular hotels, you won't need to pay cash.

Also, whjy not go up Sky Tree instead of the Mori tower?
I'd double check for credit card acceptance at some traditional ryokan in rural areas, although the ones that won't accept all credit cards are likely to be those that don't want foreign guests.

Japan natives are traditionally likely to carry much more cash than USA residents would normally keep. Certain restaurants could be cash only, for example, as well as certain bars.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Every hotel I've ever stayed at in Japan has taken credit cards. That being said, I've never stayed in a totally budget hotel, so maybe a few of those don't. But if you are staying in regular hotels, you won't need to pay cash.

Also, whjy not go up Sky Tree instead of the Mori tower?
I like the rooftop view of the Mori Tower (if no bad weather condition) so I could take pictures (I don't like taking pics behind the glass).
Right now, I'm kinda scared because this one new hotel doesn't respond to me yet when I emailed them 3-4 hours ago asking for a real life picture of the hotel looking from outside. They respond to me before so let's see how it goes. They haven't charged me but if I cancel now, I will get charged. It has no reviews and Google shows no hotel if I search by their address:
https://www.booking.com/hotel/jp/bia...3a18f49aa9037a
Henn na Hotel Kyoto Hachijoguchi
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Henn+na+Hotel+Kyoto+Hachijoguchi
The name 'Henn na' looks suspicious. Tomorrow if they still don't respond to me, then I will have to look for another hotel and dispute with my credit card company. I'm such a sucker.
Busymann likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Google pic showing across the street kind of matched with their profile picture from the inside though. It might be a brand new hotel.

Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:11 am
Original Poster

I asked the hotel two questions. One of them is the picture from outside. The other one is if I could leave my luggage at their hotel early before actually checking in. They responded that I could leave my stuff there early but did not mentioned about the photo. And it's been 12 hours. Booking.com is monitoring the issue. They said they'll forward the picture to me once they got it. But time is running out for me. I'll fly on Apr 03.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

They said they're open today April 1st. They also sent a picture.

Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by fandi
The name 'Henn na' looks suspicious. Tomorrow if they still don't respond to me, then I will have to look for another hotel and dispute with my credit card company. I'm such a sucker....

They responded ........but did not mentioned about the photo. And it's been 12 hours. Booking.com is monitoring the issue.
Hotel chain has over a dozen locations throughout Japan, plus several other sister brands,. Have been around for years. Has been in the news for their World's 1st when the first location opened. Simple research would reveal all that.

Your request and expectation for a response is unreasonable. Or at least being a very difficult customer. Official opening date of hotel was Mar 29, 2019. https://travel.rakuten.co.jp/HOTEL/172683/172683.html
fandi likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beep88
Hotel chain has over a dozen locations throughout Japan, plus several other sister brands,. Have been around for years. Has been in the news for their World's 1st when the first location opened. Simple research would reveal all that.

Your request and expectation for a response is unreasonable. Or at least being a very difficult customer. Official opening date of hotel was Mar 29, 2019. https://travel.rakuten.co.jp/HOTEL/172683/172683.html
Sorry I don't know nothing. But think about this, even they are not open yet they still have time taking all kind of interior pictures yet they didn't have a few minutes to take and post a real life picture from outside rather than using a computer generated photo. Not grand opening yet but the hotel is done and ready to be used. Without a picture from outside, the interior pics could be borrowed from any random hotel. They have to remember that not all the customers are experienced ones. Some of them are first timers like me. And when the check in date is coming, it's understandable to have a concern.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Sorry I don't know nothing. But think about this, even they are not open yet they still have time taking all kind of interior pictures yet they didn't have a few minutes to take and post a real life picture from outside rather than using a computer generated photo. Not grand opening yet but the hotel is done and ready to be used. Without a picture from outside, the interior pics could be borrowed from any random hotel. They have to remember that not all the customers are experienced ones. Some of them are first timers like me. And when the check in date is coming, it's understandable to have a concern.
It's understandable to have concerns about any newly opened hotel - There are often teething problems.

Since you have made a choice to stay at a new hotel, you might do well to think about what's going on in the days before opening. For good reasons, a hotel may open before it has a web-ready set of professional photographs of the actual frontage. Since you asked for a photo of the exterior, someone sent one to you. How do you feel about that service? I wouldn't expect a hotel to turn that request around in 3 hours, but if you do, then perhaps you should avoid newly opened hotels.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jib71
It's understandable to have concerns about any newly opened hotel - There are often teething problems.

Since you have made a choice to stay at a new hotel, you might do well to think about what's going on in the days before opening. For good reasons, a hotel may open before it has a web-ready set of professional photographs of the actual frontage. Since you asked for a photo of the exterior, someone sent one to you. How do you feel about that service? I wouldn't expect a hotel to turn that request around in 3 hours, but if you do, then perhaps you should avoid newly opened hotels.
I had the impression that you think I knew it's a new hotel but still asked unrealistic requests. The truth is I didn't know the hotel was just opened. Had I known then I would stay away from it. I guess it's first timers' problems.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
I had the impression that you think I knew it's a new hotel but still asked unrealistic requests.
Yeah. Something along those lines. From your previous post, I got the impression that you are aware that it's a new hotel, but you don't see why that makes your expectations unrealistic. I was trying to set you straight but I appear to have failed, so knock yourself out.
Sorry I don't know nothing. But think about this, even they are not open yet they still have time taking all kind of interior pictures yet they didn't have a few minutes to take and post a real life picture from outside rather than using a computer generated photo.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat,Hilton Diamond,IHG Plat,WOH Glob,Radisson Gold,MGM Gold,Hertz Presidents Circle
I like the rooftop view of the Mori Tower (if no bad weather condition) so I could take pictures (I don't like taking pics behind the glass).
This is partly why I want go atop the Umeda Sky Building. It's not the tallest but it's not behind glass.

Still, as Richard said, Skytree is a must for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.