Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Nightlife? [nightclubs]

Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Plat,Hilton Diamond,IHG Plat,WOH Glob,Radisson Gold,MGM Gold,Hertz Presidents Circle

I'm looking for suggestions of good nightclubs in Tokyo. I've come across New Lex, Jumanji 55, Vision, and Camelot.

I'm looking for a good dance floor, hip-hop, R&B, and/or EDM. If we aren't too tired, me and the missus would like to step out and dance. We like clubs in Vegas like XS, Hakk, and Marquee a lot (we go every year).

What are your experiences?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Busymann
I'm looking for suggestions of good nightclubs in Tokyo. I've come across New Lex, Jumanji 55, Vision, and Camelot.

I'm looking for a good dance floor, hip-hop, R&B, and/or EDM. If we aren't too tired, me and the missus would like to step out and dance. We like clubs in Vegas like XS, Hakk, and Marquee a lot (we go every year).

PM me. When are you going?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:43 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ainternational
Why do it in PM, why not post here and share with all of us?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
I would recommend ジュリアナ東京 but then I'd be carbon-dating myself. The New Lex is a fine spot, not as good as the original Lexington Queen, however. Beware, that the New Lex isn't exactly meant for you and the missus, unless you're into that kind of thing.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by ainternational
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Why do it in PM, why not post here and share with all of us?
you guys still go clubbing? Good for you. Once I turned 30, I stopped dancing and became old.

I don't know the club scene anymore, but I seem to recall Tokyo clubs having too many guys.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by evergrn
I don't know the club scene anymore, but I seem to recall Tokyo clubs having too many guys.
Is that a problem*?
An advantage of being over 30 is that your circle of friends can become rather wide. More likelihood of someone you know over visiting to play with their band or DJ when you’re there. Those nights are fun!

* seriously, with the exception of certain Gay venues, that’s not an issue I’ve seen at anywhere that draws music savvy crowds who are into a particular DJ.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:25 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Mugen and Byblos.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Plat,Hilton Diamond,IHG Plat,WOH Glob,Radisson Gold,MGM Gold,Hertz Presidents Circle
you guys still go clubbing? Good for you. Once I turned 30, I stopped dancing and became old.

I'm in my mid-40s and my wife is over 50. We like to dance, especially on vacation. After 10pm, there really isn't anything to do besides club or hit a bar.

I usually hate when I go to all-inclusives, for instance, and they have no nightclub or it sucks. Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos was a notable exception with having a nice lounge/club with a dance floor.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by LapLap
* seriously, with the exception of certain Gay venues, that’s not an issue I’ve seen at anywhere that draws music savvy crowds who are into a particular DJ.
I went to those places such a long time ago that I don't even remember where I went. But I just know there were a lot more guys than girls which defeated the purpose at the time. And definitely not a gay place.

I'm in my mid-40s and my wife is over 50. We like to dance, especially on vacation.
That's really cool.
Maybe other folks here who've been to Tokyo clubs a lot more recently than I can chime in on this for a more definitive answer. But in my very limited experiences from years ago, I recall Tokyo's club patrons being mostly 20's.

Last edited by armagebedar; Mar 20, 2019 at 3:44 am Reason: fixed broken quote
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:34 am
Original Poster

I went to those places such a long time ago that I don't even remember where I went. But I just know there were a lot more guys than girls which defeated the purpose at the time. And definitely not a gay place.

That's really cool.
Maybe other folks here who've been to Tokyo clubs a lot more recently than I can chime in on this for a more definitive answer. But in my very limited experiences from years ago, I recall Tokyo's club patrons being mostly 20's.
We can hang.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: UA MM *G, NH Plat/SFC, HH Diamond, GE

Some recommendations:
Womb (world renowned EDM club in Shibuya)
Ageha (a bit out from central Tokyo, but massive rooms and has a cool outside space for summer clubbing)
A-Life (multiple rooms, a bit more local atmosphere)
Villa (former Feria club, more high-end vibe, good mix of hip-hop, EDM, etc.)
1 OAK (haven't been since they changed ownership, but they have locations in Vegas, NYC, LA)
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by groovbusta
Some recommendations:
Womb (world renowned EDM club in Shibuya)
Ageha (a bit out from central Tokyo, but massive rooms and has a cool outside space for summer clubbing)
A-Life (multiple rooms, a bit more local atmosphere)
Villa (former Feria club, more high-end vibe, good mix of hip-hop, EDM, etc.)
1 OAK (haven't been since they changed ownership, but they have locations in Vegas, NYC, LA)
1oak is cool in new ownership. went w a few fter, was cool, has cool music, except you want some earplugs

amd i recommend OP going thru Treipadvisor first

Last edited by kaka; Mar 22, 2019 at 7:17 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.