Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Is Children's Day a big holiday in Japan?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest, Hilton

We will be there on Children's Day and I was wondering if at museums or other attractions would be closed? Thank you.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mphall
We will be there on Children's Day and I was wondering if at museums or other attractions would be closed? Thank you.
Have you heard of Golden Week?
May the 5th forms part of the biggest holiday of the year (May the 6th 2019as May the 5th is a Sunday)

Only thing is that Golden Week will be bigger and longer than ever this year as extra dates relating to the coronation of the New Emperor will merge with it.

Golden Week 2019 runs from 29th April to 6th May - inclusive. It is going to be a very big deal.
You may want to run your itinerary through for advice on what to expect. Some things may be enhanced by the holidays, more likely they will be more difficult or even impossible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.