Wiki Posts
Search

Yokohama cruise terminal to Tokyo Oi Marine Product Industrial Pier

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yokohama cruise terminal to Tokyo Oi Marine Product Industrial Pier

We have a Back to Back cruises on 2 different lines.

Originally both cruises would use Yokohama, but now the 2nd cruise moves its embarkation port to the industrial Tokyo Oi Marine Products Pier.

Does anyone know about options to go from Yokohama passenger terminal to this Tokyo Oi Marine Product Pier? (a completely Industrial area without any passenger facility.)

Something must have happened with the Tokyo port authority to move Celebritity from Yokohama to Oi - the ship actually has an overnight at Yokohama then the passengers disembark, followed by next cruise passengers' embarkation. Now the previous passengers will not disembark from Yokohama, but the ship would move to Oi before letting people disembark...

My preliminary understanding is you can take either metro or train to Shinagawa and then either take a taxi there or from Shinagawa change to Keikyu line for 2 stations south, it would be just 4km to the Oi, and take a taxi there.

Last edited by Happy; Feb 28, 2019 at 9:30 am
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
From Yokohama I'd take a JR Keihin-Tohoku Line train toward Tokyo, get off at Omori and take a taxi from there.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joejones
From Yokohama I'd take a JR Keihin-Tohoku Line train toward Tokyo, get off at Omori and take a taxi from there.
Thanks.
It looks like we need to take the Minatomirai Line to Yokohama station and change to JR keihin-Tohoku Line?

Isn't that the Tachikawa station of Keiyu Line is better?

I will look at the maps to further understand how the set up is.

Last edited by Happy; Feb 28, 2019 at 8:02 pm
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:55 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
If you mean Tachaigawa station on the Keikyu Line, that is also an option, though not all trains stop there. All Keihin Tohoku Line trains will stop at Omori.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armagebedar
If you mean Tachaigawa station on the Keikyu Line, that is also an option, though not all trains stop there. All Keihin Tohoku Line trains will stop at Omori.
Yes I meant the Tachaigawa station on Keikyu line. That seems to be a smallish station.

Other options are Omori, and Oimachi (north of Omori and seems to be closer to Oi)

I guess the main concern is, which station where taxi is easier to get?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Omori without a doubt. It's a sizable station with a dedicated taxi stand.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Found a better route

There is limousine bus between Yokohama and HND. One of the limousine bus stops is within 800 meter from the Yokohama Passenger Terminal (in front of the government offices).

At HND one can take Tokyo Monorail and get off at either Ryutsu Center station or Oi Keibajo Mae station - the Oi station is only 2.3km to Oi Marine Products Pier. Ryutsu Center seems to be a major cargo logistic center according to the description on Monorail site.

This combination seems to be the fastest and more comfortable than the JR option.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:59 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
I would just be aware that you may not find a taxi very easily from either of those monorail stations.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Overall, I don't think that routing via Haneda Airport is easier. The transfers from bus to monorail at the airport and from the monorail stations in warehouse-land to a taxi are not as straightforward. My recommendation would be to take a taxi from the to Kannai or Sakuragicho. Then JR Keihin Tohoku Line to Omori. Then a cab from the taxi rank at Omori to the Oi Marine Product Industrial Pier. (Print a map to the pier for the cab driver).

If you want to take that combination of airport bus, monorail and taxi, there are a few things to make note of - (1) The bus is operated by the Keikyu bus company. (2) The closest bus stop to the cruise terminal is in front of the Kanagawa Prefecture Govt. Office. ("Shin Kencho"). (3) If you do take the monorail, I would not recommend getting off at Ryutsu Center. It's all freeways and warehouses around there. You might wait a long time before you can flag down a cab. Oi Keibajo Mae may be a bit better, but can also be pretty deserted. when there is no racing going on. (4) Print a map of your destination because you'll need to communicate this to a taxi driver.
I stress the bus company name and government office name because if you ask directions, some "helpful" people will think of different government offices and bus services in the area.
Haneda Airport - Yamashita Park, Minato Mirai 21, Red Brick Warehouse | Haneda Airport Limousine | Keihin Kyuko Bus
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks jib71 for the detailed reply and the link.

Agree the race course stop is a better bet. If we could not get a taxi that is not a big deal because we travel only 20/21 rollers and the distance is a straight 2.3km / 30 min walk to the pier, or a 5 min car ride.

We also can try to communicate with Han characters (we did that with a Japanese couple on a Great barrier day trip sailing - between them and us we used up all the scrap papers on the boat when we wrote back and forth...) So we are comfortable to show the map and the questions written in basic Han characters to passers by, when trying to find a taxi. Worse comes to worst, we walk... lol.

Yes, I know the bus stop is in front of the government office (Google street map shows it very clearly), and the operator is Keiku company. I think we have taken their train from HND to Shinagawa before.

I have marked the bus stops on Google Map. In fact we would need to do the reverse 8 days earlier - because we have an 8 days Circle Japan cruise on Diamond Princess that is Yokohama / Yokohama. On our return from Naha, we will stay at Shinjuku Hyatt Regency for 2 days, then head down to Yokohama to board our first cruise.

My plan is to take Oedo line at Tocho-mae station, to Diamon. Then change to Monorail station literally next door, to HND. From HND we take the same limousine bus to the same bus stop on the inbound side, then walk to the passenger terminal to board our ship.
Upon return back to Yokohama 8 days later, we then do the 1/2 way to Oi, repeating the routes on opposite direction, but get off at the racing course station. Then taxi (or walk) to Oi pier.

One of the consideration on taking a cab from terminal to the JR station is, it is an disembarkation day for several cruise ships on Apr 27 from what I remember (our ship Diamond Princess, and an MSC ship arrives from Hong Kong, plus 2 other ships - that is the primary reason our next cruise the Celebrity Millenium is being relocated to Oi, from its original Yokohama disembarkation/embarkation, despite she actually has an overnight at Yokohama the night before - but even the existing passengers would not disembark at Yokohama and the ship moves to Oi.)

Taxis may still require a long wait, given the masses.
JR train / station are harder to navigate to me versus HND airport the arrival of limousine bus (they stop at all 3 terminals) and then go take the monorail.

JR train could be quite congested unless one get the Green seats from my memory. I cannot remember how to buy the particular ticket or IC card would take care of it automatically. My recollection is, JR local trains tend to be always crowded while the Monorail is not.
Limousine bus of course has seat for each passenger and the bags stored "downstair".

We have been in Yokohama before, actually spent almost a day there in previous trip. So we have an idea of orientation, the seaside promenade walk that now stretching all the way to the passenger terminal, plus the red brick warehouses turned shopping "malls". We should be able to pin point the location of the limousine bus stop to HND given we would take the same bus from HND 8 days before.

Upon reading the Roll Call on the Oi departure, I sense there are passengers on the Celebrity Millenium will take taxi from Shinagawa area to Oi. Because of that, there might be taxis going back to town after dropping people off at Oi. They may pass the main road we would be on and can pick us up, head back to Oi as additional fare... At least from the look of Google Map, the race course station seems to be on the most straight forward road back to Tokyo Proper.

Last edited by Happy; Mar 25, 2019 at 12:32 pm Reason: correct dates
Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:18 am

My name is Jim and perhaps we are on the same cruises: Diamond Princess to Century Millenium on 27 April 2019. If that is the case could my wife and I accompany on the transfer from one ship to the other. My emai is [email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.