Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overnight at Haneda or in town?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
Just to fill you in a little bit more on my situation...
Thanks for the extra data.
I would scratch off the Sengakuji suggestion. From what you’ve said I don’t think it is a fit.

The Shimbashi suggestion by kaka isn’t a bad one.
There is a direct train service leaving NRT T1 on week days at 19:35 and 20:08 and 20:49
Journey takes about 90 minutes and costs under 1,500yen
Doesn’t involve any changes or platform crossings

Hamamatsucho Station, from where you can get to HND, is very close. 15 minute walk away (30 minutes with luggage max). A taxi from a Shimbashi hotel to Hamamatsucho shouldn’t cost more than 1,000yen.
Usually you could get the train for the one stop, but you’d need it near the rush hour. So best avoided.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
You can also take a subway train from Shimbashi subway station direct to Haneda. Navigating the subway station is not too difficult. If it's an airport train, then the trip is seamless and you don't need to change at Sengakuji, Watch the screens above the platform to make sure you get on a train that goes through to the airport. (Trains to other destinations depart from the same platform).

If you're terribly nervous about navigating subway stations, then taxi to Hamamatsucho Monorail station is the idiot-proof way to go.

LapLap and kaka like this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:39 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LapLap
There is a direct train from NRT to Shimbashi (leaves weekdays at 7:34pm)

The problem might be getting to HND. But Shimbashi is very close to Hamamatsucho which does have a direct service to HND.
some asakusa line turns to keikyu line throughout the day...
from shimbashi:
https://www.kotsu.metro.tokyo.jp/eng...usa/A10SD.html

the blue times and all the ones with a plane sign goes to HND.
or yes, if one wants to get to hnd before 0545 (the 0516 train arrives around then), you’ll have to take a JR train n switch at hammatsucho. the earliest jr train leaves tokyo station ard 0440...

Originally Posted by jib71
You can also take a subway train from Shimbashi subway station direct to Haneda. Navigating the subway station is not too difficult. (snip) Watch the screens above the platform to make sure you get on a train that goes through to the airport. (Trains to other destinations depart from the same platform).
the “subway” is also the same “cheap” train you take from NRT to the city. one could get from nrt to the city the evening before then get back to the same platform the next morning at the stops along asakusa line. probably the most fool-proof way without a taxi- as long as you make sure you see haneda airport at the electronic boards. its now MUCHHHH better than 10/20 years ago.

Last edited by kaka; Feb 21, 2019 at 8:57 am
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
If you want a crazy Japanese experience for a reasonable price, you could spend the night at Oedo Onsen Monogatari... they have (or at least had) sleeping rooms for an additional charge.
jib71 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:28 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by joejones
If you want a crazy Japanese experience for a reasonable price, you could spend the night at Oedo Onsen Monogatari... they have (or at least had) sleeping rooms for an additional charge.
thats where people stay for those crazy onclock flights!!!
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
1000 yen Access Narita Bus to Ginza. Hotel choices much less than Shinjuku. Night scene here is for those with corporate accounts but you can still walk around, or admire at the hundreds of taxis lined up for the night crowd. 930 yen Limousine bus to Haneda in the morning.

You can always spend a few hours overnight at a private booth/room in an internet cafe near every major train station.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA PP 1.8MM, PC Spire, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Globalist
I was just looking for a place to stay next week and came across some "Love Hotels" on Hotels.com and Booking.com That would be a unique experience and it is cheaper than a regular hotel. You could look for one that is next to a subway/train/monorail line that goes directly to Haneda.

Last edited by nutwpinut; Feb 21, 2019 at 2:31 pm Reason: Added Booking.com
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nutwpinut
I was just looking for a place to stay next week and came across some "Love Hotels" on Hotels.com and Booking.com That would be a unique experience and it is cheaper than a regular hotel. You could look for one that is next to a subway/train/monorail line that goes directly to Haneda.
There are downsides to Love Hotels, a few of us discussed this in a recent thread for someone looking to book two rooms as a party of three.

It’s been a while since I used one, and I understand that the government is wanting some current Love Hotels to modify their services to help expand the amount of hotel rooms available to Tokyo 2020 visitors (shortages are anticipated). So, as well as more Love Hotels allowing internet reservations there may be innovations in place (or in the pipeline) that will make staying in one easier.
Anyway, here is the advice I posted in 2008
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/10452909-post23.html
For the reasons listed, it’s not really an ideal solution for someone travelling alone who wants to use the room as a base for exploring a local area.

If this is something you still want to try, Asakusa has connections to both NRT and HND. It’s not the simplest option, but if you’re brave enough to try using a Love Hotel then you should have the gumption to work out the trains.
nutwpinut likes this.

Last edited by LapLap; Feb 21, 2019 at 3:08 pm
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA PP 1.8MM, PC Spire, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LapLap
There are downsides to Love Hotels, a few of us discussed this in a recent thread for someone looking to book two rooms as a party of three.

It’s been a while since I used one, and I understand that the government is wanting some current Love Hotels to modify their services to help expand the amount of hotel rooms available to Tokyo 2020 visitors (shortages are anticipated). So, as well as more Love Hotels allowing internet reservations there may be innovations in place (or in the pipeline) that will make staying in one easier.
Anyway, here is the advice I posted in 2008
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/10452909-post23.html
For the reasons listed, it’s not really an ideal solution for someone travelling alone who wants to use the room as a base for exploring a local area.

If this is something you still want to try, Asakusa has connections to both NRT and HND. It’s not the simplest option, but if you’re brave enough to try using a Love Hotel then you should have the gumption to work out the trains.
This is good to know because I was looking to book one on Hotels.com
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nutwpinut
This is good to know because I was looking to book one on Hotels.com
As I said, things have changed and are changing. Having seen the concerns, if you share any, or feel that there might be any policies that could affect you (like getting in and out) you could ask the property about them in an email (but keep the English simple).
Even if 99% of Love Hotels don't, say, give you a door key, that is irrelevant if the Love Hotel you are booked at does.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Some great advice there. Thanks. Lots of research to do now. Thanks again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.