Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Feb 15th stay in Tokyo. Love hotel or book a regular hotel in advance?

Feb 15th stay in Tokyo. Love hotel or book a regular hotel in advance?

Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:36 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LapLap
LCUF seems to have misunderstood the OPs initial questions.
I dont think there is a blanket answer to whether three people are allowed in a room. Will depend on the room and the hotel.
I would say most would not allow
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaka

I would say most would not allow
Im wanting to ask if you have any hard evidence for that, but it feels wrong. So wrong.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:19 pm

LCUF seems to have misunderstood the OPs initial questions.
I dont think there is a blanket answer to whether three people are allowed in a room. Will depend on the room and the hotel.
I think my response was targeted at the love hotel room and not regular hotel room but I have no proof that love hotels wouldn't accept three people in a room either, although the love hotel rooms are very unlikely to have more than a single king bed, at least I don't think I have ever seen a love hotel room with twin beds or maybe I wasn't thorough enough in checking every love hotel room possible! :P
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LCUF
I think my response was targeted at the love hotel room and not regular hotel room but I have no proof that love hotels wouldn't accept three people in a room either, although the love hotel rooms are very unlikely to have more than a single king bed, at least I don't think I have ever seen a love hotel room with twin beds or maybe I wasn't thorough enough in checking every love hotel room possible! :P
Oh dear. The misunderstanding came from the idea that the OP wanted a room for three people. He said he didnt.

Some Love Hotels DO allow more than two people in a room. Not all do, and the majority will not allow three people to stay. But this generalisation covers the whole of Japan. It may not be true for Shinjuku (or Shibuya)
Shinjuku happens to be the place where the love hotels I know of that do allow more guests are located. Some require an additional fee of 50%, some dont, some have party rooms whole groups can hang out in. It depends on the hotels own policies.
kaka likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:47 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by LCUF
Room - Royal Type
Rest: 11,800 JPY
Stay: 22,800 JPY
https://www.balian.jp/shop/shinjuku/index.html
LapLap likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
There's actually a Japanese search engine for love hotels that allow 3+ people:
https://happyhotel.jp/search/search_three_01.jsp

I remember reading about a club of model submarine hobbyists that would meet in a love hotel with a see-through glass tub and use it to race their creations.
LapLap and kaka like this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joejones
There's actually a Japanese search engine for love hotels that allow 3+ people:
https://happyhotel.jp/search/search_three_01.jsp
Started counting how many were in Shinjuku. There were more pages to sift through, but I stopped once I reached 30 hotels.
kaka likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:24 pm
Suspended

Im wanting to ask if you have any hard evidence for that, but it feels wrong. So wrong.
ive read reports and stuff. no personal experience. im a flyertalker and will not use something that brings no frequent stay program.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Started counting how many were in Shinjuku. There were more pages to sift through, but I stopped once I reached 30 hotels.
actually to think about it, they cater for different clientele so there must be places to cater for larger groups than 2, but i wouldnt suggest OP to randomly walk into one.
LapLap likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:09 pm

Oh dear. The misunderstanding came from the idea that the OP wanted a room for three people. He said he didnt.

Some Love Hotels DO allow more than two people in a room. Not all do, and the majority will not allow three people to stay. But this generalisation covers the whole of Japan. It may not be true for Shinjuku (or Shibuya)
Shinjuku happens to be the place where the love hotels I know of that do allow more guests are located. Some require an additional fee of 50%, some dont, some have party rooms whole groups can hang out in. It depends on the hotels own policies.
I went and re-read the OP's post and I stood corrected. I didn't catch the part where he said he wanted two rooms.

On the other hand, I guess there are people going to love hotels in a group of three other than ladies' social gatherings. Learned something new LOL.
LapLap and kaka like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaka

ive read reports and stuff. no personal experience. im a flyertalker and will not use something that brings no frequent stay program.
There are definitely frequent stay programs for Love Hotels.

A few years went by between my meeting MrLapLap and us getting married and living in the same country together. Time enough to appreciate their usefulness.

More than two people to a room can be a boon when you are out and about as a group and someone misses their last train or finds services have been suspended. Options are wider now than they were, but it used to be a pain for a female to find a cheap place to crash, particularly as capsule hotels typically only served male clientele. Sure there are karaoke rooms, but Love Hotel bathrooms are REALLY well stocked and they all have good hairdryers.
Some have unlimited access to soft drinks and there are less touted benefits like being able to order in take out at a fraction of a regular hotel’s room service charge. So long as the lighting isn’t too funky, they can be very good places to ride out whatever remains of a wild night on the town.
kaka likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:56 am
Suspended

There are definitely frequent stay programs for Love Hotels.

A few years went by between my meeting MrLapLap and us getting married and living in the same country together. Time enough to appreciate their usefulness.

More than two people to a room can be a boon when you are out and about as a group and someone misses their last train or finds services have been suspended. Options are wider now than they were, but it used to be a pain for a female to find a cheap place to crash, particularly as capsule hotels typically only served male clientele. Sure there are karaoke rooms, but Love Hotel bathrooms are REALLY well stocked and they all have good hairdryers.
Some have unlimited access to soft drinks and there are less touted benefits like being able to order in take out at a fraction of a regular hotels room service charge. So long as the lighting isnt too funky, they can be very good places to ride out whatever remains of a wild night on the town.
good to know. now i can convince my friends to go!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.