Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

New Hotels in Tokyo [Karaksa Hotels]

Old Feb 3, 19, 9:38 am
Original Poster

News item today - these hotels look interesting

Karaksa Hotels Corp, the manager and operator of minimalist hotels designed especially for leisure travelers visiting Japan, on Feb 1 began offering special stay plans for its first two locations in Tokyo — the karaksa hotel premier Tokyo Ginza (57 rooms) opening on May 1 and the karaksa hotel Tokyo Station (151 rooms) opening on July 8.

To commemorate the launches, all guests making reservations for this special stay plan at either location via the company’s official website (https://karaksahotels.com) will receive an original Japanese-style folding fan (one per person), and each room at the karaksa hotel premier Tokyo Ginza also will come with a free Japanese-style wrapping cloth (wrapping instructions included).

The special plans, which include breakfast, will be available for six months from the opening day of each hotel. Visitors to Japan in 2018 increased 8.7% from the previous year to nearly 31.2 million, exceeding 30 million for the first time, according to the Japan National Tourism Organization. Inbound tourists accounted for approximately 90% of guests at the five current karaksa hotels in 2018.

In view of the many inbound tourists expected at karaksa hotels’ first two locations in Tokyo, particularly in connection with the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games, the company will present folding fans and/or wrapping cloths, symbols of Japanese culture, as mementos of their visits to Japan.

Rates: From 20,000 yen (premier Tokyo Ginza) and from 18,000 yen (Tokyo Station)

Reservations: https://karaksahotels.com
Old Feb 6, 19, 9:18 pm

Looks like competitions to Hotel Gracery Shinjuku or Shibuya Stream Excel Hotel Tokyu obut with better locations? Nearby compeititors would be Mitsui Garden Hotel Ginza Premier and Hyatt Centric Ginza Tokyo with similar prices so basically more choices for the same prices/locations. Interesting but not really exciting?
Old Feb 7, 19, 7:06 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

So your special bonus under this offer is a folding fan and a piece of cloth; i.e., two bits of cheap junk. I know doing this sort of thing is common in Japan but every time I see it, I really wonder why anyone would bother.
Old Feb 8, 19, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardInSF View Post
So your special bonus under this offer is a folding fan and a piece of cloth; i.e., two bits of cheap junk. I know doing this sort of thing is common in Japan but every time I see it, I really wonder why anyone would bother.
Aw, humbug!
We got “his and her” washi covered ohashi (chopsticks with a lacquered paper cover) and a miniature furoshiki wrapped conpeito candy box from the ANA Intercontinental in Roppongi 10 years ago, we still use the cutlery and cloth. LapGirl still eats from a tasteful ceramic “Miffy” plate given to her in Shinagawa. I think it actually has contributed to my leaning towards Lawson over other conbini when there’s a choice.
When it works it works.

Wouldn’t sway me to spend 18,000-20,000yen on the hotel mentioned by the OP, but if the price and location did suit me, it might prolong any happy memories of an already planned stay there and make me more likely to mention it. If the point is to get the name of the hotel across by word of mouth, the concept has already done its job.
RichardInSF and franniemeow07 like this.
Old Feb 9, 19, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by RichardInSF View Post
Not as egregious as the marrons glaces at the PHT. JPY 500 for a bag of 3, or JPY 1500 for a box of 8. Or at the Maisen, where 1 tonkatsu sando is JPY 500, but you can get a pack of 3 sandos for JPY 1,600.
RichardInSF likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: