Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with itinerary (1st trip to Japan)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by jib71
21/Jun - Leave large luggage at Kyoto hotel. Travel with overnight bags to Himeji and Miyajima. Stay Miyajima.
1/Jul - Leave large bags at Tokyo hotel. Travel with overnight bags to Hakone
I just want to mention that some of the business and lower-end hotels may not necessarily be happy to hold OP's luggage.
If OP is staying in a higher-end one (or if he will stay in the same hotel before and after) then there probably won't be a problem. But otherwise, may need a Plan B (e.g. storing luggage in train station locker).
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by shuigao
I just want to mention that some of the business and lower-end hotels may not necessarily be happy to hold OP's luggage.
If OP is staying in a higher-end one (or if he will stay in the same hotel before and after) then there probably won't be a problem. But otherwise, may need a Plan B (e.g. storing luggage in train station locker).
Yes. I remember this was mentioned in a previous discussion and it took me by surprise. But I guess I never go to those places, even though I'm relatively frugal.
I guess if you're booking a room at a business hotel or low priced hotel, you should verify what the hotel is willing to do in terms of receiving luggage and storing luggage. Any place that won't even store a bag for a day when you make a reservation either side of that day doesn't deserve your business IMO, but I guess you could use a coin locker at a station as a backup option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.