mjm
Original Member
Original Poster

"Toranomon Hills Station" (New Hibiya Line Station) name announced

This is huge!

https://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXMZ...01C18A2CC1000/
Old Dec 5, 18, 9:26 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks

Programs: Metro-North Rubbish, Keisei Skinflint, KCR Headphones, Kopaja Platinum
2023?

Old Dec 5, 18, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
The article says it will be open ahead of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. 2023 may be the time when the area is completely "finished", who knows how many more buildings they're going to be dynamiting there...
Old Dec 5, 18, 8:03 pm
mjm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
The article says it will be open ahead of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. 2023 may be the time when the area is completely "finished", who knows how many more buildings they're going to be dynamiting there...
Give the man a pickle. The station opens with one of the earlier 4 buildings that comprise the project. The 4th one finishes in 2023.
Old Dec 5, 18, 10:57 pm

There won't be a Heisei 35! :P

Joke aside, we are getting two new stations in Tokyo, not to mention all the other stations that are under going renewals, like Shibuya station. I like the new Shibuya Stream building and the hotel there. Googlers in Tokyo are so lucky to be occupying that building for sure.
Old Dec 6, 18, 10:20 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks

Programs: Metro-North Rubbish, Keisei Skinflint, KCR Headphones, Kopaja Platinum
Originally Posted by LCUF View Post
There won't be a Heisei 35! :P

Joke aside, we are getting two new stations in Tokyo, not to mention all the other stations that are under going renewals, like Shibuya station. I like the new Shibuya Stream building and the hotel there. Googlers in Tokyo are so lucky to be occupying that building for sure.
The weird thing is that I took the photo after the abdication date was made official. (I don't get by this neighborhood very often - usually stick to Asakusa - but if anyone would like to know where that sign is, it's by the Air China office.)
Old Dec 6, 18, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento View Post
The weird thing is that I took the photo after the abdication date was made official. (I don't get by this neighborhood very often - usually stick to Asakusa - but if anyone would like to know where that sign is, it's by the Air China office.)
The 禀議書 is still making its way to the people who update street signs for construction. It should be updated by 2020.
joejones likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: