Reload this Page >

New Toyosu Fish Market

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Toyosu Fish Market

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:42 am

Thanks for the info on Sushi Dai. Stools for waiting is a nice touch but still a 3 hour wait at around 7am? I'm guessing they didn't expand the seat capacity, if by much.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:16 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I never felt the urge to go to Tsukiji in over 15 years of regular Tokyo visits, despite my hotel offering tours with their sushi chef. Now I have a new fish market not to go to.

Enjoy seeing a whole lot of fish, everyone! Be sure to report back.
mnbp likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Plat, HH
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I never felt the urge to go to Tsukiji in over 15 years of regular Tokyo visits, despite my hotel offering tours with their sushi chef. Now I have a new fish market not to go to.

That is up for award as the post that added the least to a thread.

Anyway, Tsukiji is a landmark and an awesome experience for the seafood, sushi, fish, nature, food, history, culture lover. Probably been 20 times and it’s one of my favorite places in Tokyo (outer market) on a bustling Saturday morning. My first “real” sushi was at the touristy Dai and, although overrated, was close to a religious foodie experience. The new site doesn’t look to have that old school ambiance but I’ll makr the journey anyway to see for myself.
Duke787, kevincrumbs, kaka and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 4:06 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RichardInSF

considering my family does a seafood business, it would be more interesting than watching a lot of paintings. or stones.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:29 am

An "NHK World" video regarding the move:

Old Nov 11, 2018, 10:15 pm

bad smells reported

"Workers at the new Toyosu wholesale food market in Tokyo are having to hold their noses as disgusting stenches, mainly of fish, have start to emanate from some locations in the site."

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20.../#.W-kLxi2ZOqE
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:26 pm

Yea the new site would not provide the culturally rich ambiance similar to Tsukiji...
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gusotope
Yea the new site would not provide the culturally rich ambiance similar to Tsukiji...
Hi gusotope, welcome to FT.

I’ve been a visitor to the former Tsukiji market. Am curious to understand what it is you mean by “culturally rich ambiance”.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.