Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Typhoon Trami

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Typhoon Trami

So I see there is a typhoon on the way... I hope everyone stays safe. I do have a question though.. I'm supposed to be flying into Tokyo and going to Niigata later on Monday/Tuesday. Will I be in trouble trying to travel around this time?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: Delta
They call it typhoon #24 in Japan. Latest forecast shows it over Niigata at about 3:00AM on Monday and long gone by Monday afternoon. It will have already been over land since hitting southern Kyushu, so doubtful it will be much more than rain by that time anyway. But it's always good to watch the forecast. Typhoons are fickle and really difficult to precisely predict until maybe 6-12 hours ahead of time. The times of the English version of the forecast are in UTC, so you need to change to Japan local time.
Japan Meteorological Agency | Tropical Cyclone Information
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the information.. that is a bit of a relief.. will check those links.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:53 am

Looks like EVA Air has cancelled flights to/from Okinawa on Friday.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by mxqisit
Looks like EVA Air has cancelled flights to/from Okinawa on Friday.
I see AC has issued a travel waiver for flights to Japan covering this period
  • You purchased an Air Canada ticket no later than September 27th, 2018 for travel between September 28th and October 1st, 2018.
(rest on their website)
Old Sep 28, 2018, 4:34 am

I'm scheduled to be flying into Osaka Sunday afternoon. Is it possible this is going to be a problem?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
Seriously doubt it. Sunday is supposedly touchdown day for this typhoon.
JR Rail is planning that their trains will be shut down Sunday afternoon til Monday sometime.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mapleg
I see AC has issued a travel waiver for flights to Japan covering this period
  • You purchased an Air Canada ticket no later than September 27th, 2018 for travel between September 28th and October 1st, 2018.
(rest on their website)
Where do you find this on AC website?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by bennyblanco
Where do you find this on AC website?

Look on homepage for Severe Weather and Natural Event policies. Click on that and will bring you to the latest which is this and click on the date

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2018/goodwill-policy.html

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2018/goodwill-policy/typhoontrami.html
Old Sep 29, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: Delta
JR West on their website notes that they will begin to shut down train services at 8:00AM on Sunday and completely shut down by noon. They also say that service may be disrupted on Monday as well.
https://www.westjr.co.jp
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:58 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Flights in and out of KIX and ITM are cancelled this afternoon due to the typhoon. FUK and NGO are still operating semi-normally at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.